Daylight Robbery

On our way home from a great day out in Derbyshire we called in at the Devonshire Arms in Beeley for a drink. We were staggered when charged over 13 pounds for a beer and a glass of wine. On checking the price of the wine at the bar we were told it cost 9.95. That is outrageous and absolute daylight robbery. Needless to say we will not be going back there. So, be warned !

Can't see them getting much repeat business at prices like that

That does seem steep.

Even the overrated Nonna's doesn't charge that - yet.

They have always been the same, we sometimes walk in the area but the prices are to high, they do attract a certain type of customer.x

I find it impossible to believe a "glass of wine" costs £9.95, if you asked for "a glass of wine" you would be given the house wine.

Show us a reciept.

On our way home from a great day out in Derbyshire we called in at the Devonshire Arms in Beeley for a drink. We were staggered when charged over 13 pounds for a beer and a glass of wine. On checking the price of the wine at the bar we were told it cost 9.95. That is outrageous and absolute daylight robbery. Needless to say we will not be going back there. So, be warned !

You should just have said no i dont want it and walked out. More fool you.

Yip..

Walk straight on out...

Its never going to be cheap on the Chatsworth estate though is it?

Its never going to be cheap on the Chatsworth estate though is it?

It was in Shameless! :hihi:

The Devonshire Arms at Beeley used to be a fantastic place (I guess around 7-8 years ago) when it was owned by the two old guys. Great food (brilliant Sunday breakfast!) and really friendly. It was never supposed to be cheap, but always looked forward to as a weekend treat.

After they left, I saw standards drop and prices rise, mainly it had lost its ambience ... I stopped going there.

I find the Monsal Hotel (at Monsal) is the best place to eat for pub food, the Red Lion at Litton being great for Sunday lunches too ... especially in the winter. :)

We were there with my son and his family who were visiting from Oz so we were all over the place looking at the building and chatting. By the time I found out what hubby had paid I had already started drinking it. Otherwise as you say, I would have walked away.

Prices for a glass of wine @ Aston Hall are regularly in excess of £8.95 it's no surprise really.