'Redrobbo' Cllr. John Robson has passed away

Please PM me if you would like to attend the funeral service and/or the get-together in celebration of my dad's life which is being held immediately after the service, and I will send you the details.

Edited by SupraSteve

RIP fella. You might have supported a different colour to me but it didn't change my personal opinion or respect for you.

You took the words out of my mouth. I met him several times and whilst we may not have seen eye to eye on policy we saw eye to eye on decency.

Isn't it nice to see folks paying respect to people who's politics they didn't agree with. Contrast to the total lack of respect when Margaret Thatcher died.

Very sad indeed was a nice man spoke to him a few times on the forum may he rest in peace

Late to this thread, but sorry to hear of this - one of the first forummers I ever met and a genuinely great bloke who was a massive boost to this forum and city. RIP redrobbo.

Have only just read this unfortunate news. It so saddens me. I met John for a drink after he had won the first round against cancer and he was a very up-beat guy with a positive attitude. We supported each other, both being hit by cancer, and I thought he had beaten it. I learned a lot from John, a very wise man indeed. I feel somewhat shell shocked...............but life go's on.

My condolences to his family, to his partner NBJ and to Steve.

A very sad day.

Keep mixing those cocktails John, one day we will share one.

great to see all the old forummers back to past comment on redrobbo

like other people i met him a couple of times in the dev cat

a lovely man and when i told him couple of years ago i was gonna get my taxi badge we had the debate of course xx

rip robbo truely gonna miss you xx

Great tributes paid to John in the Council chamber this afternoon. So many people with so many fond memories and stories of John.

The funeral was lovely, very touching, and summed up Redrobbo wonderfully.

The turnout was astounding, so many there to pay their tribute to John, from the Lord Mayor, down.

You are a huge loss to your family, to your friends, and to Sheffield, John.

"Pung!" "Quong!" "Chow!" one last time! XX