'Redrobbo' Cllr. John Robson has passed away

Another forum legend departs the stage.

Can't really add much to what's already been posted, but I remember in the golden days of the forum around 2007, Redrobbo was a prominent and fascinating figure, always willing to engage in both heated debates and fun, if sometimes silly banter. Respect to him for all he achieved in life, and condolences to those he leaves behind.

I learnt today that Cllr John Robson had passed away, I don't mind saying that I shed a tear for John this morning, he has been through so much.

John was a true gentleman and told it as it was.

"RIP John Robson"

I haven't posted on here for a couple of years but hearing the news I couldn't not pass on my condolences, it was a pleasure have met him all those years ago in the Dev Cat along with his son Steve (who was himself a top bloke)...

A true gentlemen who never had a bad word about anyone and always made time to chat with you...

Rest in peace Red and just for old times sake here's the familiar look :suspect:

DJ

I'm so sorry to hear of this very sad news.

I never met John but always enjoyed reading his posts.

I read with bated breath about his brave fight with his illness and I am so sorry that he has now lost such a hard fought battle.

My condolences to NBJ and all family and friends. RIP Councillor........you will be very sadly missed by many and I'm sure you will always be remembered with great affection.

Sad to hear this, my condolences to his family and friends.

A colleague of mine recently wrote something that came to mind and I thought summed John up perfectly - "the true measure of a person is not what they are, what they do or are how good they are at their work, but how they treat their fellow human beings regardless of their standing, race, colour, creed or ability"

I only met John briefly a couple of times, but his dedication to his fellow human beings shone through, and he was a true gentleman.

I shall always remember John as a man of caring and warmth - I think of him and I think of his grin and twinkly eyes. He was brilliant company, full of fun and able to quote poetry for any occasion. I remember John as someone who had a way of drawing people to him and I remember his love of the ridiculous ("Your sister can't have Pobble toes, Siân. Pobbles don't have toes!")

I remember John as someone with real love for his fellow man, who left a positive mark on this world and whom it was a real privilege to know.

My heart goes out to (nobike) John and (Supra) Steve as well as other members of his family I didn't meet. This must all feel so unreal. You know what an amazing person John was better than anyone else but people around Sheffield are grieving along side you.

Very sad news. This man was held in very high esteem in the City and the union flag on the Town Hall is flying at half mast until his funeral as a mark of respect.

Very sad news. This man was held in very high esteem in the City and the union flag on the Town Hall is flying at half mast until his funeral as a mark of respect.

Yes, it's been so lovely to see how universally Redrobbo was loved by the city and by forummers, and it's a great reflection of the man's character to read such caring tributes.

I'm impressed to see that this thread has not had one single negative comment placed in it... (Except, of course the awful news that John had passed...)

Thats very sad to hear. RIP Redrobbo xxx

RIP fella. You might have supported a different colour to me but it didn't change my personal opinion or respect for you.

Another former forumer I've had to come back to contribute.

There are no words to express the sadness & sense of loss felt over this heartbreaking news. Redrobbo you helped me through my own battle & I'm in tears knowing you will no longer be with us. A true gent that will be missed.

My sincere condolences to his family & close friends he touched so many hearts xx