'Redrobbo' Cllr. John Robson has passed away

Have just heard this news through Facebook,

John you were truly a gentleman.

You gave me many a laugh!

Thoughts are with all your family.

Sav . X

Very sad to hear this news. He was a lovely man who I met a number of times and sent me positive messages when I was going through a tough time. He was always kind, inspiring and so very positive and I am sure those who know him and love him will miss his presence.

I will always remember his kindness fondly. Rest in peace John.

xx

This is very sad news. Like others, I thought he was on the mend after reading his posts in his thread.

I've had countless debates with him over the years about the taxi trade. A very knowledgeable man, great sense of humour in here... and a real voice of reason. A sad loss.

My condolences to his family.

RIP Red.

This is one of the worst threads I've ever had to read on here. He was a fabulous man, who had a heart of gold and time for anyone. How very very sad. Thank you for your contribution to the world John, you will be missed by not only those lucky enough to meet you, but those whose lives you enriched online also.

A true gent who will be sadly missed.

Condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P.

Goodbye Redrobbo - thank you for all the good things you did.

Condolences to those who are grieving.

Very upset. I thought that he had it sorted. Lost for words x

I was so shocked to see this thread after on the last one he was feeling so well.

I have sadly never met Redrobbo but I did keep a look out for his posts and kept track of him through his illness, willing him on from afar.

He approached it all with great dignity and bravery and was such an inspiration.

My sincere condolences to his partner, family and friends.

R.I.P Redrobbo, you made the most of your life and I know that you will be sorely missed x

Hi all,

I have just been told that Redrobbo, Cllr. John Robson has passed away after being ill for some time.

He was an excellent ward councillor and welcome voice on Sheffield Forum.

He will be sadly missed.

RIP John

I met him last year for the first time. He told me all about his battle with cancer and how he had beaten it. Sadly this was not to be. He was a true gentleman.

I am incredibly sad to hear John has passed away. He was a gentleman in the truest sense of the word. My condolences to John, Steve and Jenny.

Night Red. x

Before all the other Sheffield councillors Red Robbo was using the internet to communicate directly with constituents. He was a people person and a decent councillor. I would like to offer my condolences to his family at this difficult time. He will be sadly missed. RIP

Edited by woodmally