Why ban smoking drugs IF..

Blimey Ill be guilty of the Zodiac crimes next all for a couple of mph on a motorway

Isn't it ironic and convenient that your crime is somehow less serious than someone lighting up a spliff.

You're a hypocrite. The point is YOU breaking the law and excusing yourself at the price of equally accusing others as lowlife and scum. You're a self appointed apologist and now you're crying like a 12yr old bully because you've been bangy'd to rights.

Anyone could have posted that as there wasn't a link

Thank you for the insight. You are a truly wise man.

Equally, *cough*, anyone can dismiss anything by simply burying their head in the sand.

For anyone who isn't mindless, see this to find out who LEAP are. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

I do hope we're not going down the "cannabis cures cancer" path again.

It'll come, believe me, they'll be calling it The Fountain of Youth next.:roll:

---------- Post added 27-10-2013 at 11:31 ----------

I'll bite. why do you pay your taxes?

Not to support crack heads and the likes.

Not to support crack heads and the likes.

I pay my taxes so addicts can get help.

I bet that makes you happy. ;)

Thank you for the insight. You are a truly wise man.

Steady on, you do know he'll take that as quite literal.

This is what the NHS as to say about it.

There are several health risks associated with cannabis use, including dependency problems, mental health problems and lung damage.

As with other drugs, dependence on cannabis is influenced by a number of factors, including how long you’ve been using it, how much you use and whether you are more prone to becoming dependent.

You may find you have difficulty stopping regular use, and you may experience psychological and physical withdrawal symptoms when you do stop. Withdrawal symptoms can include cravings for cannabis, irritability, mood changes, appetite disturbance, weight loss, difficulty sleeping and, in some people, sweating, shaking and diarrhoea.

Legalisation will normalise it's use and many people that won't try it because its legal are likely to try it when it become legal and readily available.

first bit, obviously, nobodys said different, BUT its about moderation, theres a vast difference between smoking one spliff on a night to chill out and smoking half ounce a day while you sit in yer pants in front of jeremy kyle. the more you smoke the more you are gonna have health issues and dependency issues

as for legalisation issues, im not sure thats an issue, you are either a dope smoker or youre not, only idiots would start smoking purely cos it went from illegal to legal.

its like gambling, its legal but i dont gamble, its just not me

Presumably all the members of LEAP are druggies too? If they are campaigning for legalisation?

And Richard Branson? Well known mind addled druggie with no future.

Michael Phelps, what a druggy loser.

Look out kids: cannabis can lead to olympic gold medals a private island in the Caribbean.

first bit, obviously, nobodys said different, BUT its about moderation,

It is amazing how the thread went from smoking a joint to getting wired up on crack. If you're argument against pot is pathetic, try adding a bit of crack and, hey presto!!

Wait a minute.....a cheap supply of drugs? Tax payers money spent on supporting addicts??

Does your quote sound familiar??

Take out the legal part and you've got exactly the situation that we have today! Drugs are readily available and really cheap.

The only thing is, at the moment we are also spending billions on top of this, fighting a war that is impossible to win!

And making it legal will make that situation worse.

And to answer your question....no, I don't think an addict would make a good employee, why do you ask?

So no point legalising more addictive drugs.

How will the trade be removed from criminal gangs? How was alcohol removed from the gangs during the prohibition era?? It was made legal! Same thing will apply here!

Criminals still manufacture and sell alcohol.

Who will grow and distribute the drug? I will grow the drug and I will smoke my own supply.

How will this be taxed.

How much will it cost? About £20 for a bag of female seeds. The quantity grown will be sufficient for a 12 month supply.

And after tax.

What will the criminal gangs turn to if they can't make money growing weed? That's a good question. Maybe you should try and answer that one?

One of the reason given to justify decriminalisation is to cut crime, and if you don't know what criminals are going to turn too to make money, you can't know that crime will decrease.

Edited by angos

Isn't it ironic and convenient that your crime is somehow less serious than someone lighting up a spliff.

You're a hypocrite. The point is YOU breaking the law and excusing yourself at the price of equally accusing others as lowlife and scum. You're a self appointed apologist and now you're crying like a 12yr old bully because you've been bangy'd to rights.

Im a hypocrite ,blimey ,nothing to say about your faux pas re Mr Bangy then just say no to the drugs and everything will become clearer.Theres breaking the law and breaking the law Im sure committing murder doesnt equate to parking illegally or breaking the speed limit by a few miles per hour otherwise there would be more people locked up than on the streets if that where the case and in your eyes that would mean paedophilia, drug dealers d&d's etc would be of equal status get a grip man

Michael Phelps, what a druggy loser.

Michael Phelps Admits Drug Use

Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps has admitted to using pot, after photos were leaked to a paper that showed partaking in what he called "regrettable" behaviour and "bad judgement". The photo was published first in the News of the World.

In a statement to the AP, Phelps said: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way..."

---------- Post added 27-10-2013 at 12:45 ----------

P

And Richard Branson? Well known mind addled druggie with no future.

Richard Branson

Imagine if we spent this money on rehabilitation and prevention. As Ive said before, we need to develop a new approach that treats drugs as a public health issue, rather than a criminal one.

I don't have a problem with this, but it doesn't need to be made legal to achieve it.

I don't have a problem with this, but it doesn't need to be made legal to achieve it.

Richard Branson doesn't think cannabis should be a criminal issue. You agree with him, but still want it criminalised.

See a gap in your position?