The secret city centre post office

Did you know?

If you are in town and you want to post some mail or buy stamps.

Dont waste time with the endless queue in the main post office in wilkinsons.

Just a couple of minutes walk away there is a post shop. Its situated on bank street, just around the corner from argos opposite the job centre.

You can buy stamps and send uk and international mail. (not parcel force).

The services include...1st and 2nd class letters and packets, recorded delivery, special next day delivery, international signed and airsure items.

Payment is by cash only so no debit or credit cards, and all items must be pre packaged as packaging is not for sale.

The opening hours are monday to friday.

12 midday to 1.30pm

2.30pm to 6.30pm

lunchtime is 1.30pm to 2.30pm

all special delivery, international signed and airsure items must be in by 6.15pm.

I didnt but this clear attempt for advertising has now informed me thustly. Thanks and Ill continue to not use the post office.

Doesn't appear on the Post office site, but you can see it on Google Maps.

Opposite the junction of Bank Street and Meetinghouse Lane

its a royal mail office and not post office counters so no giro cashing,bill payments,car tax etc...just mail.

sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell people

I used it for years when it was open later. It now closes at 6.30 but still handy.

Blink and you miss it though, not the easiest place to spot if you don't know it's there.

whilst there why not combine with a cup of tea or lunch at "to the lighthouse" cafe at bank st arts just a few doors down? they have a great book art exhibition on. yes this sounds like advertising but i wish people knew about the place and the location is tricky. im not connected just an enthusiastic punter.

the secret post office is wonderful but secret no more! in fact since the new PO at wilkos has self serve i havent been to the bank st one for a while.

Shhhh! don't tell everyone, for goodness sake!

go back to bank street morrisminor. wilko's post office will be around for a long time but the smaller ones may close without regular users