Black Cabs In Sheffield

If it will never change as you state, Then whats the point of this thread? isn't it a foregone conclusion in your statement? so why start the thread at all!!!

Because i wanted to, because we have freedom of speech, problem with that??

:confused:

Seen 5 Black cabs since saturday with the drivers smoking, last on this morning on Abbeydale Road about 8-30. Do they have dispensation to smoke in the cab now?

Because i wanted to, because we have freedom of speech, problem with that??

:confused:

yes we have freedom of speech, (another foregone conclusion) though that's not what the thread is about, and you also have the right to be wrong. but you say its different rules for them and different for the rest of us, don't see how as a bus gets it very own lane in many places ? just a pointless rant that's going nowhere. moderator please spare us and shut this one down!!!!

Edited by mg16

yes we have freedom of speech, (another foregone conclusion) though that's not what the thread is about, and you also have the right to be wrong. but you say its different rules for them and different for the rest of us, don't see how as a bus gets it very own lane in many places ? just a pointless rant that's going nowhere. moderator please spare us and shut this one down!!!!

Why are you on this forum mg16? let people say what and how they want within the rules.

kidley;Why are you on this forum mg16? let people say what and how they want within the rules.

anything you say boss.

Well written? It wasn't well written, doesn't even make sense. And what did a Sikh's ceremonial dagger got to do with it.

I never claimed to be able to write well, if could I might venture to earn a living at it.

A Sikh's ceremonial dagger is still a dagger. If we were to follow your logic it would be ok to form a new religion where everyone can carry a ceremonial AK57 the 'traditional' weapon of choice by many people today.

---------- Post added 27-12-2013 at 14:19 ----------

Yes we have freedom of speech. Are you trying to extract urine?, or do you not fully understand what you just said? It is illegal in this country and in europe to speak the truth is some cases. What is more worrying is that is would be illegal to quote examples of this.

The Crown Prosecution Service and the police, whilst enforcing our own and europe's laws, are obliged to act against people speaking some truths.

Even worse than that is there are some organised groups, with signed up members, that are recognised as being legitimate organisations by both the media and the state that only exist to stop other people expressing their views. They are not offering in an acceptable way an alternative view point they just want to stop some other people from expressing theirs.

You are correct to question my statement that it is different rules for different people. For this I do apologise. Because it is not the case; the rules do apply to everyone regardless everything including race, colour, creed.

They do applyto all , but they are very obviously NOT APPLIED to all.

BTW; Most people realise that bus lanes exist so that buses don't get overly delayed by heavy traffic this is so that the bus services can be offered as viable alternatives to everyone using their own mode of transport. People blocking bus lanes, and being allowed to do so, for what ever selfish reasons cause the users of bus lanes to pull in and out of the remaining lane (usually there is only one other lane) of traffic making the situation worse for everyone on that road at the time,tough obviously not the ****** that parked in the bus lane.

I'm not a fan of bus drivers as some of the driving I have witnessed is apauling however black cabs are in a league of their own.

Anyone I speak to would agree they overcharge, drive dangerously and can be a frightening place. The fact they can lock you in is criminal in my eyes. I've never really thought much into it but some of the comments on here do make sense. They do seem to get away with a lot more than us normal drivers would.

Is anyone in agreement the majority of them do seem to have a chip on their shoulder and a bad attitude?

Some Hackney Carriages are not black but are still called Blacks Cabs this becuase people have stopped calling them Hackney Carriages. Which I believe should by law still carry both food and water for a horse, it appears they do not obey this law either.

Actually, not only are motorised taxi cabs not required to carry food and water for a horse, but there was never a law which said horse drawn Hackney Carriages should carry food and water for a horse.

What people are usually, ignorantly, referring to is s.51 of the London Hackney Carriage Act 1831, which said:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Will4/1-2/22/enacted

Improperly standing with Carriage, or feeding Horses in the Street.

And be it enacted, That if any Proprietor or Driver of any Hackney Carriage shall stand or ply for Hire with such Hackney Carriage, or suffer the same to stand, across any Street or common Passage or Alley, or alongside of any other Hackney Carriage, or Two in a Breadth, or within Eight Feet of the Curbstone of the Pavement in any such Street or common Passage or Alley ; or if any such Proprietor or Driver, or any Waterman or other Person, shall feed the Horses of or belonging to any Hackney Carriage in any Street, Road, or common Passage, save only with Corn out of a Bag, or with Hay which he shall hold or deliver with his Hands; or if the Driver of any Hackney Carriage shall refuse to give way if he conveniently can to any private Coach or other Carriage, or shall obstruct or hinder the Driver of any other Hackney Carriage in taking up or setting down any Person into or from such other Hackney Carriage; or if any such Proprietor or Driver shall wrongfully, in a forcible or clandestine Manner, take away the Fare from any other such Proprietor or Driver, who, in the Judgment of any Justice of the Peace before whom any Complaint of such Offence shall be heard, shall appear to be fairly entitled to such Fare; every such Proprietor, Driver, Waterman, or other Person so offending shall forfeit Twenty Shillings.

In other words, it prohibited feeding horses in the street except from a bag or from hands. It didn't say that Carriage drivers had to carry anything in particular.

However, in any case most of this section was repealed by Part 17 of the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1976:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1976/16/pdfs/ukpga_19760016_en.pdf

Urban myth, in other words.

---------- Post added 28-12-2013 at 09:08 ----------

Seen 5 Black cabs since saturday with the drivers smoking, last on this morning on Abbeydale Road about 8-30. Do they have dispensation to smoke in the cab now?

No. Any vehicle used as a taxi must be smoke free at all times, whether or not it is being used to ferry passengers. Drivers can be fined if they smoke in their taxis.

Examples from Chesterfield:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/smoking-taxi-driver-fined-1-3986792

---------- Post added 28-12-2013 at 09:23 ----------

Hackney Carriage drivers it appears may obey the rules they want to and the police do not seem take action against them. Now I'm not saying its because a few years ago a Hackney Carriage driver was in trouble with the police and many of the other drivers, mostly Asian men, beseiged a police station in the city centre until they negotiated a settlement. Some of this is hearsay and some through my own observation of the event.

<snip>

The full details of the settlement were not made public. What I am saying is that it would appear that as far as motorists in general and drivers of non-hackney carriages are concerned the law maybe applied to them in circumstances where it will not be applied to a driver of a Hackney carriage.

As for the hearsay. The full details of the cause of the event were never made publicly known either. But it was reported in the Star that the whole thing was triggered by an argument between the driver of a Blacks Cab and the driver of a private hire car, over which car some customers chose to travel with.

<snip>

In brief don't worry about what the driver of a Blacks Cab does as it appears the police won't or are reluctant to act against them.

Presumably this is the incident you were talking about:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/taxis-protest-at-police-station-after-arrest-1-261403

So it seems a taxi driver was arrested after allegations that he had committed "a public order offence". A friend of the driver rang round and there was a demo outside the police station, which lasted about half an hour.

In the end the driver was released on bail without charge, after being questioned, and enquiries were continuing.

I'm sure everyone would agree that the law should apply to everyone. But there doesn't seem to be any evidence here that taxi drivers (or, specifically, Asian taxi drivers) are above the law. After all, one was arrested and bailed, which is not evidence of being above the law.

Taxi drivers can be and are regulated according to the rules,and action can be and is taken against those breaking the rules:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/a-third-of-sheffield-taxis-failed-spot-checks-by-officials-1-5879852

So, no evidence for what you are claiming.

So it seems a taxi driver was arrested after allegations that he had committed "a public order offence". A friend of the driver rang round and there was a demo outside the police station, which lasted about half an hour.

In the end the driver was released on bail without charge, after being questioned, and enquiries were continuing.

I'm sure everyone would agree that the law should apply to everyone. But there doesn't seem to be any evidence here that taxi drivers (or, specifically, Asian taxi drivers) are above the law. After all, one was arrested and bailed, which is not evidence of being above the law.

So, no evidence for what you are claiming.

No evidence!!

Police station besieged, roads blocked to other users, non-asian pedestrians threatened. The accused released that same night for a public order offence. You say that is no evidence. Next you will be telling us Nelson Mandela was never a terrorist.

No evidence!!

Police station besieged, roads blocked to other users, non-asian pedestrians threatened. The accused released that same night for a public order offence. You say that is no evidence. Next you will be telling us Nelson Mandela was never a terrorist.

non Asian pedestrians threatened? can you be more specific ? were you there tommo68 if so were you threatened? wheres your evidence that it was just non-Asians threatened and with what? or is it just a little extra added spin with a sprinkling of supposition on your part? and how is any of it linked with nelson mandela ?

Edited by mg16
spelling corrections

OMG!!!!! There's some dumb people around. How did Vizzbucks ever pass his driving test never mind become a bus driver????? How many times does he need to be told that Hackney/PH drivers can use ALL bus gates/bus only turns in Sheffield, except the ones mentioned Interchange/Crystal Peaks. I think your just ****** off Yorkshire Terrier driver on £6.29/hr. And yes i DO use all bus gates.lanes even when im not working. If im popping down to McDonalds with the family in car i use bus lanes etc, as my car is licensed to use the bus gates NOT me. You're jus jealous because when you're not working and in your private vehicle you have to sit in traffic along with all the other cars. GET A LIFE!!!!!

---------- Post added 28-12-2013 at 19:21 ----------

Im really surprised vizzbucks manages to drive on his designated bus route, as he doesn't know the where Castle Square is or Fitzalan Square, or where West St ends and Glossop Road starts.

And about your rant regarding taxi drivers illegally parking and stoppin to pick up in middle of the road on West St etc on a Friday Saturday night and the police turning a blind eye. The police would rather have town centre cleared of drunks causing trouble than taxi drivers committing minor driving offences.

lol well said ash, judging by some of the recent threads started on the forum, the bus companies couldn't even keep to the timetable they had designated for the xmas period , making people irate and late for work. a lot of them had to catch taxis to get to where they needed to be. let me guess it must have been because of all the black cabs er I mean hackney carriages blocking town and the streets or some ***wit parked in a bus lane or the size of an Asians dagger or taxi drivers smoking doing illegal u turns or standing outside copshops etc etc. blah blah. simple answer no it wasn't , it was down to sheer incompetence to do the job or provide a service.