Showing a friend the best of sheffield?

Evenin'

I'm having a friend come over from Ireland this coming weekend and she's never been to England, let alone Sheffield. I want to show off our 'best bits' and cram as much 'Sheffieldy' / northern stuff in as I can! Obviously she will be stuffing her face with Yorkshire puds and lots of 'endo's, but I wondered if anyone on here had any ideas? What are your favourite things about sheffield? Ta!

Keep to the west of the city because most of everywhere else isn't very good; though visiting Meadowhall, which is in the east side of the city, is a must.

Take her for a trip into the peak district.One of the best things about sheffield is living right next door to a national park.

An evening walk around the Peace/Winter Gardens to the square by the theatres, cutting through to Fargate and then up Division street/park, you get all the good bits of the City Centre that way and the lights/water is amazing at night.

A lot also depends on personal preference: what does she like to do? Outdoorsy, go to the Peak district, shopping, go to Meadowhell, climbing, go to the highest climbing wall in Europe etc. etc. etc.

Oh and don't miss the Devonshire Cat for a good drink at night!

Not quite Sheffield, but en evening at Matlock seeing the illuminations should be good (last weekend of the season!). Was hoping to go myself but that's looking unlikely. Rent a couple of bikes and go for a ride around Derwent, as someone has already said also fright night.

What are you going to do for the rest of the weekend? :|

Railway Station.Train to Leeds (now renamed Sheffield Sevenstones) or Nottingham.

It also depends on what type of person she is. Is she Posh? Casual? or Simple?

All three are fine and I respect all three equally but they need different parts of Sheffield to entertain her.

I'd say the Peace Garden, the Winter Garden, then blindfold her fold her and take her down to see the Victoria Quays.

Keep to the west of the city because most of everywhere else isn't very good; though visiting Meadowhall, which is in the east side of the city, is a must.

I would hardly feel a visit to a shopping arcade would offer an insight into the Sheffield character-it would have the opposite effect and create the impression that the city was full of drones in need of retail therapy.