Shoot the owner not the dog!

I also know when I am incorrect and accept it. It's a shame others don't always hold the same graces. :)

You should probably take your own advice there though; your argument seems to have lots it's whole purpose now.

More than yours does.

I couldn't agree more Event Horizo!! I have a 12 year old dog who never leaves my side when we are out walking, but some moron decided to have a rant at me a few weeks ago saying I should walk her elsewhere than our local park. Needless to say he got quite a mouthful and I told him to get his priorities right....my dog doesn't drop beer cans and takeaway cartons in the park, or graffiti on things, or set fire to anything unlike a number of humans!!! A dog should be on a lead if the owner cannot control it when off a lead. Dogs have as much right as anybody else to play and exercise in a public place!!!

Well said!

Risks

The following risks are associated with cannabis use:

•Even hardcore smokers can become anxious, panicky, suspicious or paranoid.

•Cannabis affects your co-ordination, which is one of the reasons why drug driving, like drink driving, is illegal.

•Some people think cannabis is harmless because it’s a plant, but it isn’t harmless. Cannabis, like tobacco, has lots of chemical 'nasties', which, with long-term or heavy use, can cause lung disease and possibly cancer. The risk is greater because cannabis is often mixed with tobacco and smoked without a filter. It can also make asthma worse, and cause wheezing in people without asthma.

•Cannabis itself can affect many different systems in the body, including the heart. It increases the heart rate and can affect blood pressure.

•If you have a history of mental health problems, taking cannabis is not a good idea. It can cause paranoia in the short term, but in those with a pre-existing psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia, it can contribute to relapse.

•If you use cannabis and have a family background of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, you may be at increased risk of developing a psychotic illness.

•It is reported that frequent use of cannabis can cut a man's sperm count and reduce sperm motility. It can suppress ovulation in women and so may affect fertility.

•If you’re pregnant, smoking cannabis frequently may increase the risk of the baby being born smaller than expected.

•Regular, heavy use of cannabis makes it difficult to learn and concentrate. Some people begin to feel tired all the time and can't seem to get motivated.

•Some users buy strong herbal cannabis (also known as skunk) to get ‘a bigger high’. Unpleasant reactions can be more powerful when you use strong cannabis, and it is possible that using strong cannabis repeatedly could increase the risk of harmful effects such as dependence or developing mental health problems

The above passage is an extract from last months Good Housekeeping.

Risks

The following risks are associated with cannabis use:

•Even hardcore smokers can become anxious, panicky, suspicious or paranoid.

•Cannabis affects your co-ordination, which is one of the reasons why drug driving, like drink driving, is illegal.

•Some people think cannabis is harmless because it’s a plant, but it isn’t harmless. Cannabis, like tobacco, has lots of chemical 'nasties', which, with long-term or heavy use, can cause lung disease and possibly cancer. The risk is greater because cannabis is often mixed with tobacco and smoked without a filter. It can also make asthma worse, and cause wheezing in people without asthma.

•Cannabis itself can affect many different systems in the body, including the heart. It increases the heart rate and can affect blood pressure.

•If you have a history of mental health problems, taking cannabis is not a good idea. It can cause paranoia in the short term, but in those with a pre-existing psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia, it can contribute to relapse.

•If you use cannabis and have a family background of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, you may be at increased risk of developing a psychotic illness.

•It is reported that frequent use of cannabis can cut a man's sperm count and reduce sperm motility. It can suppress ovulation in women and so may affect fertility.

•If you’re pregnant, smoking cannabis frequently may increase the risk of the baby being born smaller than expected.

•Regular, heavy use of cannabis makes it difficult to learn and concentrate. Some people begin to feel tired all the time and can't seem to get motivated.

•Some users buy strong herbal cannabis (also known as skunk) to get ‘a bigger high’. Unpleasant reactions can be more powerful when you use strong cannabis, and it is possible that using strong cannabis repeatedly could increase the risk of harmful effects such as dependence or developing mental health problems

I notice that that doesn't mention addiction in newborns...

You seem to struggle to keep a concept in your head, I ask for proof of your assertion about addiction in newborns, you quote a bunch of stuff that doesn't mention it.

No doubt you'll ridicule this because it came from the Daily Mail which is just one of well over a dozen links where babies are born addicts which you no doubt find an acceptable price to pay so that there are more junkies on the streets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255976/Drug-addict-babies-Three-born-day-hooked-heroin-cocaine.html

---------- Post added 25-10-2013 at 14:13 ----------

but it does show how new born babies can be affected by use of Cannabis.

All the dog owners I meet Paul have quite sociable dogs who can behave well off the lead. It's good for them to play together. Can you please give me a rational explanation why ALL dogs should be on a lead ?

Well, firstly its my personal view and secondly there an animal and animals are unpredictable.

I've no doubt there are well behaved dogs around but if there confronted by another then the dog can become its natural self and attack.

People on this forum take everything personal about all subjects and its about yours and my personal opinions.

Of course people do what they like but I think its safer for the dog, other people and road users to have your dog on a lead thats all but at the end of the day dog owners will continue to do what they like.

Well, firstly its my personal view and secondly there an animal and animals are unpredictable.

I've no doubt there are well behaved dogs around but if there confronted by another then the dog can become its natural self and attack..

Then tell me why Paul would you want to breed these 'animals' is they are 'born to attack' ? From birth if your dog is kept permanently on a lead then how is it meant to learn to socialize properly? Yes there are times and places when dogs need to be put on leads but they need proper exercise too. They need to let off steam like us. You as a dog breeder should understand that surely?

So according to you my 'well behaved dog' after 13 years has the natural desire to attack other dogs because he's off the lead. Funnily enough all the well behaved dogs I encounter off the lead don't attack my dog. They usually have a sniff and trot on.

Occasionally I meet owners who have dogs on leads who see any form of interaction with my dog as an offence of the highest proportion. Little do they realise they are making the problem worse for their little poodle. The amount of times ive seen their little dogs growling disappear when both dogs are off the lead and playing is amazing. Obviously if it's a big dog like a Jap Akita then yes common sense would prevail. The lead wins then.

But all in all Paul it's all about common sense and training. Well socialized trained dogs won't cause a problem.

.....edit The amount of times ive seen their little dogs growling disappear when both dogs are off the lead and playing is amazing. Obviously if it's a big dog like a Jap Akita then yes common sense would prevail. The lead wins then.

But all in all Paul it's all about common sense and training. Well socialized trained dogs won't cause a problem.[/quote

So which is it then?

Then tell me why Paul would you want to breed these 'animals' is they are 'born to attack' ? From birth if your dog is kept permanently on a lead then how is it meant to learn to socialize properly? Yes there are times and places when dogs need to be put on leads but they need proper exercise too. They need to let off steam like us. You as a dog breeder should understand that surely?

So according to you my 'well behaved dog' after 13 years has the natural desire to attack other dogs because he's off the lead. Funnily enough all the well behaved dogs I encounter off the lead don't attack my dog. They usually have a sniff and trot on.

Occasionally I meet owners who have dogs on leads who see any form of interaction with my dog as an offence of the highest proportion. Little do they realise they are making the problem worse for their little poodle. The amount of times ive seen their little dogs growling disappear when both dogs are off the lead and playing is amazing. Obviously if it's a big dog like a Jap Akita then yes common sense would prevail. The lead wins then.

But all in all Paul it's all about common sense and training. Well socialized trained dogs won't cause a problem.

Jap Akitas are amongst the most sociable dogs ive ever owned.

Jap Akitas are amongst the most sociable dogs ive ever owned.

Yes I know they are and I've met many lovely Akitas on my travels. However if I came across someone walking their Akita on a lead and it's growling at my dog then I'm hardly going to say 'let them play'.

Edited by Event Horizo

Yes I know they are and I've met many lovely Akitas on my travels. However if I came across someone walking their Akita on a lead and it's growling at my dog then I'm hardly going to say 'let them play'.

Why not?...

Why not?...

big powerful dog with extremely high prey drive?