Shoot the owner not the dog!

I cannot believe you are serious,

When was the last time you were in a local park where sheep roamed?

Border collies work sheep on private land not in the middle of Graves Park.

You failed to specify where and when dogs should be kept on lead, you only said that they should. Be more specific when making ridiculous notions in the future.

Also, you are wrong. If you have ever been North you'd see that the land is roamed by sheep not contained to private land although privately owned and thereby worked on national land. Goathland is a very good example of this, to name but one.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 16:17 ----------

See my previous post - I love dogs and have owned more than one over the years.

We did babysit for a large dog last year and my son loved him plus we take my sisters 2 dogs out for walks sometimes and he enjoys this what he doesn't like is dogs running up to him sniffing etc.

Also if you knew me you would also know I am not a believer in wrapping kids in cotton wool.

I don't see how people can get that I don't like dogs from stating that they should be on a lead.

Also to add to someone else's post about gated areas in parks - I agree however during the summer I went to a park with a gated toddler area and some stupid numpty brought a staffie dog into the gated area without a lead - yes I did ask him to put it on a lead which resulted in me receiving lots of abuse so we left.

That is a shame. There is always one who ruins it for another.

Next time I would have telephoned 101 for anti social behaviour, and gave them a description of the person and dog. ;)

I think its a good idea to get your children to behave in a certain way so as not to get bitten by a dog , tell them not to be afraid of dogs , the more fear you show is likely to have bad results , when I was a nanny for a family , their mother said to me , she had seen loads of children in casualty who had been bitten as a result of their fear , Maybe find a friend with a nice dog , let your children learn that not all dogs are frightening, Its really important they are confident to tell a bouncy dog to go away etc , As a dog walker I see both sides of this story.

Sorry to disappoint you in your small mindedness but I love dogs and we have thought about getting one. I have had several over the years.

My son doesn't like dogs running up to him end off and neither do I.

Dont get a dog then. Please.

Also, you are wrong. If you have ever been North you'd see that the land is roamed by sheep not contained to private land although privately owned and thereby worked on national land. Goathland is a very good example of this, to name but one.

Nobody can use land that is not theirs without permission or any Tom Dick or Harry would do it.

I don't know:huh:.

I have to agree this statement is just :loopy:

So when i next take my dog out i'll inform all other dog owners that their dogs need to be put onto a lead ALWAYS as they are too dam lazy to do it. Not sure the response i'll get-hmmmmmm

Skippy when you say you don't like dogs coming near you or that your son screams when dogs come near him, then anyone would assume you don't like dogs. Now you are claiming you like dogs. These posts swing in mysterious ways lol.

Please do, who cares what they think, get them on a lead.

Please do, who cares what they think, get them on a lead.

All the dog owners I meet Paul have quite sociable dogs who can behave well off the lead. It's good for them to play together. Can you please give me a rational explanation why ALL dogs should be on a lead ?

I think that all dogs should be on a lead I have encountered this not with children but with my own dog , I have a jack russel that dosnt take kindly to other dogs sniffing her so when other dogs run up to her the dog owners say its ok he/shes friendly that might be ok for there dog but mine isn't so if my dog bit there dog , my dog would be in the wrong even though mine is on a lead , they can have a extention lead giving them a bit of freedom but keeping children ,adults and other dogs the satisfaction of going about there day without the worry of a dog charging up on them .

That reply is full of bitterness and anger. I hope you are more measured and reasonable when dealing with the children you so clearly love.

Aggressive dogs are dangerous, aggressive parents can be even more dangerous.

Eh? I'm not bitter or angry...Don't tell you're a therapist...and a dog owner :hihi:

No, I'd risk the possibility that a friendly well trained dog might ignore it's recall and have to be fetched back physically.

There are many things more dangerous to children in the world than a dog off the lead.

This topic is about dogs not about jumping into a volcano, please stick to the topic.:rolleyes:

My dog plays very happily off her lead thanks. She is too interested in her ball or stick to even bother with children or other dogs. We've had lots of children approach us asking to throw her stick in the water ( about a dozen on a school walk last Monday for an example ). They loved her, she loved them - but had they not come up to her she would have ignored them and trotted happily along. Why should she be on a lead when she's exercising?

your dog sounds lovely but im afraid that this isn't the case for a lot of others who spoil it for other dog owners and can I say its the owners not the dogs , you have obviously trained yours but a lot cant be bothered

I think it's ridiculous that an owner can be charged if its dog attacks. If the dog is too dangerous to be in public, make it illegal. No quarms.

But you could find yourself having a Labrador who's been great for a decade but one day freaks out, it sees a squirrel and just gets stressed and bites someone, all of a sudden you're up in Magistrates with a criminal record?

No, no no no no. It's not the owners fault, it's not the dog's fault, it's nobodies fault. That's the problem in this day and age, we're always looking for someone to blame. There was no intentional harm, there was no recklessness because the dog has never attacked before nor shown any signs of aggression...the Government is allowing people to keep animals with an inherent nature, and punishing the owner when the animals exercise its nature.