IPhone 4S or Nokia Lumia 520, which one?

I am interested in either iPhone 4s (got opportunity to get one cheaper) or Nokia Lumia 520 but unsure which one to get and which will be best for me so I need to some help please.

I love the idea of all the apps iPhones provide you with, does Lumia 520 provide you will good enough apps?

I hate the way iPhone says you need an app to do certain things while Lumia will no doubt let you do it with ease.

I want a phone where I can sync calender, contacts, multiple emails, pictures etc to my Windows PC with ease. Can iPhone 4s do this without any messing around? Or is Lumia my best bet here?

Features of Lumia, what does it have that iPhone 4S doesn't and vise versa?

Any other info very much welcome. Thank you

I am addicted to iphones, not just iphones but to all apple products, so i would suggest to go with an iphone 4s.

You'd imagine a windows phone would do a better job of syncing with a windows computer than an iphone.

However you won't have access to anywhere near the number of apps with a windows phone as you would an iphone.

With that specific model it hasn't got much RAM either, so some apps and features will not run.

You'll not be able to sync the iphone without hassle and installing the bloatware commonly known as itunes.

With WinMo you'll be able to sync it almost seamlessly and have "SkyDrive", cloud-based storage. You'd need to install the desktop app on the PC for skydrive but it's so lightweight it's barely noticeable.

I find GSMarena.com invaluable when comparing phone models (so much so that it's one of the 'tools' we use at work)

I want a phone where I can sync calender, contacts, multiple emails, pictures etc to my Windows PC with ease. Can iPhone 4s do this without any messing around?

You can download iCloud Control Panel For Windows and this will sync iPhone Contacts, Calendar etc. with Microsoft Exchange automatically over the air. So yes it can be done (and no it doesn't require using iTunes).

Edited by steroc

All depends what you want cant stand iphone got the Nokia 520 710 & 800 but 520 is best out of three for some features.

No idea about iphone 5 though not owned one from what ive seen of a family members don't think id like too either.