The Walking Dead season 4

Come on, give it chance. I think it has potential to be a really great season. It's gone down pretty well in America.

Indeed, it went down 13% on viewing figures between episode 1 and 2 :)

Like I said, I'm sticking with it for the moment, but the past couple of seasons ran out of ideas about half way through, whereas this hasn't even gotten off to a strong start. I do hope it picks up, but overall it has gone from being top of my weekly watch list to about 8th or 9th place.

Well, so far I'm particularly unimpressed with season 4. Predictable (I guessed at the 'twist' in episode one, and even guessed the whole lot of events of the second episode before episode one had finished), formulaic, and the only positive thing I can say about it is that the gore effects are good - but as the Saw franchise highlighted, gore without substance is just not that great.

I'm going to stick with it for the moment, but it's rapidly becoming one of those shows where the spark has gone and I can see myself dropping by the end of the year.

Season one was excellent. The problems started when each season ran to 16 episodes from S2 onward. It just drags out too much. We got pretty bored on the farm about 6 episodes in, and season 3 lost steam half way through. With a spin-off series in the pipeline, I think I'll just end up settling for the comic book instead.

The whole of season 2 was rubbish and set on the farm because of the writers strike.

The whole of season 2 was rubbish and set on the farm because of the writers strike.

No it wasn't - the strike was a few years earlier (2007 to 2008, so shows in 2009 were affected - Walking Dead season 1 didn't come out until 2010). The decline in quality was due to the complete change of creative force on the show (Darabont booted off, new showrunner and writing team brought in), and the insistence on a lower budget but for more episodes (season 1 was 6 episodes, season 2 was 16 on less money than season 1 spent).

Let me down a lot don't know how they can carry this on theve made games to improve on it

Im enjoying it... I think the disease story line is a great idea as it is something that would happen in real life.

The Walking Dead has also being renewed for a 5th season.

They killed Hershel!!!!!!!!! :cry:

What a horrible episode, and they're going to leave us there until FEBRUARY??? :cry:

I'm really struggling to care anymore about Walking Dead. I'm only watching it out of habit but really i'll stick to the comics. The plotholes are big enough to drive buses through and its just getting too dull to bother with

They killed Hershel!!!!!!!!! :cry:

What a horrible episode, and they're going to leave us there until FEBRUARY??? :cry:

i know :( ages away lol, but plenty of strands to catch up with when it restarts :)

plenty of questions left unanswered

---------- Post added 07-12-2013 at 13:12 ----------

I'm really struggling to care anymore about Walking Dead. I'm only watching it out of habit but really i'll stick to the comics. The plotholes are big enough to drive buses through and its just getting too dull to bother with

each to their own dude, but as ive argued incessently on the forum, youre meant to switch off yer brain and watch it as pure entertainment, its not real, some view it as real life then whinge when something happens or doesnt happen that would in reality.......Oo its about zombies, its not meant to be real lol

as for the holes, tbf you cant show or explain everything in 45 minute shows, if you did go into minute details itd be even duller

i know :( ages away lol, but plenty of strands to catch up with when it restarts :)

plenty of questions left unanswered

Why the huge break in the middle of a season?? I'm going to have to catch up on the last couple seasons of Dexter to kill time.

Why the huge break in the middle of a season?? I'm going to have to catch up on the last couple seasons of Dexter to kill time.

no idea, bloody americans lol

---------- Post added 07-12-2013 at 13:38 ----------

by the way shaz you seen these youtube vids?

Honest trailers

Bad lip reading (brilliant, makes me laugh everytime, specially the bits with dale and t dog, and the rick, daryl etc banjo thing)

A nes style 8 bit version of the governor episode where he finds lilly and megan etc

Edited by melthebell

Well I'm enjoying this season. Not seen Friday's ep yet but looking forward to it

each to their own dude, but as ive argued incessently on the forum, youre meant to switch off yer brain and watch it as pure entertainment, its not real, some view it as real life then whinge when something happens or doesnt happen that would in reality.......Oo its about zombies, its not meant to be real lol

as for the holes, tbf you cant show or explain everything in 45 minute shows, if you did go into minute details itd be even duller

i'm using the plotholes as an excuse. The thing is its just getting boring and frustrating. They've been running over a year and they're still hopelessly unorganised and a few days away from starvation and death. Why? How came they can't get their act together?

I'm not asking for gritty realism but a little plausibility would be nice. Why is food a major issue? There must be loads of food laying around. There are supermarkets and warehouses and schools and hospitals everywhere. Just get it.

Why is ammunition a problem? There are gun shops and police stations and army and national guard bases and things everywhere and no power. Go get it.

I refuse to believe its as hard as they're making out. Its like they've got the most useless crap people they could and got them thrown together. I'll suspend my disbelief so far - I still watch wrestling! - but theres limits to how far my patience will go