The Walking Dead season 4

Anyone watching? Just watched the first episode and feeling a little disappointed. It just felt like they're struggling for ideas a bit. Maybe I'm being a little judgemental and should give it a chance but am not impressed at all. :sad:

It was a bit of a nothingness really, wasn't it? I'm not sure where the 'end' of a story such as this is likely to be though, so it's possible that the concept is limited to a fairly short run and I wouldn't like to have to come up with new ideas 3 or 4 series in.

It was, yes. Well I was hoping it was going to sort of flow on from where S3 left it, but it seemed to start off by grasping at new ideas. That kid dying at the end and turning; screamed desperate to me, like they were wracking their brains and then some bright spark had a 'eureka' moment and thought it would spice the situation up. I don't know... I was just expecting more...

Had plenty of snap and crackle, they came out, attacked it. Lots of zombies killed, some new faces (now at least two ex-the wire actors) and most of the same faces. Some signs of progress camp-wise to still showed the fragility of it all. I think they have touched on a few bits that need fleshing out - military involvement (ive wanted to know governments role in since the end of series 1)and the kid who turned at the end.

Not brilliant but not bad.

No, it's on Fox at the moment. Channel 5 had the earlier series so I assume they will have season 4 at some point.

Alongside Dexter, I think The Walking Dead is one of the best Tv shows ever. I cannot wait for the next episode which I can watch Monday on my Raspberry Pi gadget :love:

P.s Before I get slated I was also one of LOST's biggest fans lol

Anyone watching? Just watched the first episode and feeling a little disappointed. It just felt like they're struggling for ideas a bit. Maybe I'm being a little judgemental and should give it a chance but am not impressed at all. :sad:

It was a bit of a nothingness really, wasn't it? I'm not sure where the 'end' of a story such as this is likely to be though, so it's possible that the concept is limited to a fairly short run and I wouldn't like to have to come up with new ideas 3 or 4 series in.

It was, yes. Well I was hoping it was going to sort of flow on from where S3 left it, but it seemed to start off by grasping at new ideas. That kid dying at the end and turning; screamed desperate to me, like they were wracking their brains and then some bright spark had a 'eureka' moment and thought it would spice the situation up. I don't know... I was just expecting more...

dont forget they dont really have to come up with ideas, its mostly all in the comics :P

the weird thing about the first episode is, theyve jumped 8 months or so again thats why it seemed disjointed and didnt flow from the last series.

i thought it seemed weird and took some getting used to, ie:- i knew they were farming, but they had pigs and a horse etc aswell lol, also i know theyve taken others in aswell as the kids and oldies from woodbury, trouble is you dont know how (ie:- bob stookey, zak etc)

anyway i best not go into too much detail lol, people might not have seen it yet, episode 2 for me tommorow :D

dont forget they dont really have to come up with ideas, its mostly all in the comics :P

the weird thing about the first episode is, theyve jumped 8 months or so again thats why it seemed disjointed and didnt flow from the last series.

i thought it seemed weird and took some getting used to, ie:- i knew they were farming, but they had pigs and a horse etc aswell lol, also i know theyve taken others in aswell as the kids and oldies from woodbury, trouble is you dont know how (ie:- bob stookey, zak etc)

anyway i best not go into too much detail lol, people might not have seen it yet, episode 2 for me tommorow :D

Ah yes, of course! I completely forgot about the comics. I think I'm still reeling from Breaking Bad and need a reset. :hihi:

Been waiting for season 4 for what feels like forever! Wasn't disappointed at all. Bit confused about the woman in the woods tho - does anyone else think Rick will regret not "killing" them (or just me :suspect:)

Glad to see Rick is back to his usual self. Would love to see Daryl and Carol get together at some point. Looking forward to the second episode!

Been waiting for season 4 for what feels like forever! Wasn't disappointed at all. Bit confused about the woman in the woods tho - does anyone else think Rick will regret not "killing" them (or just me :suspect:)

Glad to see Rick is back to his usual self. Would love to see Daryl and Carol get together at some point. Looking forward to the second episode!

daryls got beth now ;)

lol

---------- Post added 20-10-2013 at 18:18 ----------

That kid dying at the end and turning; screamed desperate to me, like they were wracking their brains and then some bright spark had a 'eureka' moment and thought it would spice the situation up.

by the way i dont know how far youve dug into the new series, im on the forums AND seen the trailer a few times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FicUNyzJcCc

so i know, the kid turning and dying.........and the pig, i think are to show theres a new threat theyre facing, more deadlier than the walkers

I like Walking Dead think its really good But got to wait till its back on tv again as not got Fox:(