Things to do with 9yr old on wet weekends ?

Couldn't agree more. Do they still have nature tables in school?

My niece is seven years old and she seems very interested in nature. I'm not sure what they teach her now but they did cover nature when she first started school. She used to collect leaves to take in for those days she needed to take something in and talk about it with the rest of the class.

I know a lot of parents who don't cook from scratch, don't grow veg with their kids and can't even recognise never mind prepare all vegetables.

Planning a few basic veg in a garden and cooking or baking would be a good idea. All kids in our family have loved childrens cook books making simple things suitable for their age group.

Couldn't agree more. Do they still have nature tables in school?

Yes, they do tables about nature in spreadsheets. :roll:

How about non-electronic games? Monopoly? Settlers of Cataan? Dungeons and Dragons?

Or browse around the instructables sites to look for projects -- home electronics, build shelves or birdhouses.

When we went on holiday, we gave our godkids (8 & 10) something like this (http://www.strawsandconnectors.com/) , which entertained them in rainy moments for the better part of a week.

When we were kids, we used to like to go to car dealerships to look at cars and collect the literature.

Good luck! He's lucky to have parents like you.

Dozer

Get a big rope and a stick, go down woods and make a tarzan swing lol loads of fun. Try fishing? Lol probly boring

---------- Post added 22-10-2013 at 21:40 ----------

Go go-carting, or take up sone kind o hobbie

I know old thread but I didn't think I could get away with starting a new one.

So has anyone been to the fire museum? If so what's it like for younger kids (3 year old) are all the trucks/cars etc behind barriers or is it more of a hands on thing?

I know old thread but I didn't think I could get away with starting a new one.

So has anyone been to the fire museum? If so what's it like for younger kids (3 year old) are all the trucks/cars etc behind barriers or is it more of a hands on thing?

I cant help with any info, as Ive never been, but theres an offer on Dealmonster at the moment, a family ticket for £6.

http://www.dealmonster.co.uk/deal/sheffield/national-emergency-services-1?utm_source=subscriber_sheffield&utm_medium=Email&blastID=262632&rcpEmail=nikki-red@hotmail.co.uk&utm_campaign=1075416&utm_content=7782783843&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Emailvision

I took my 3 & 6 year old, and also nephews aged 5, 8, & 10 to the fire museum during Easter and they loved it, even though we saw it all I could take them again and them still be as excited. Some vehicles are to be looked at only but any with doors open you're free to sit in with uniforms & hats to try on. My 28 year old sister loved it lol