Searching for pattern in memory of my late sister

Hi

I'm looking for a 3 ply seed stitch pattern for a newborn baby cardigan that has a collar.

My late sister knit this garment for all new babies she knew and did it from memory so when she died from cancer we had no hardcopy and so the pattern was lost.

I would like to restart the tradition and try to raise some funds for charity in memory of my dear sister so would appreciate your help to locate a similar pattern.

Alternatively can you please advise how I could adapt a DK pattern to 3 ply?

Many thanks for your attention

Have you tried looking at either of these websites. http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com which is full of free patterns or http://www.ravelry.com. Ravelry is free to join and has a lot of free patterns and quite a few more that only cost a couple of pounds.

If I see anything I will let you know.

Yes,I have looked on these sites and tried vintage pattern suppliers but without success :(.

Thanks for taking an interest.I'll keep on looking.

What shape collar was it? I'll keep an eye out for you.

I can't see how to upload picture so I've saved a similar cardigan photo as my current avatar which shows the simple seed stitch collar shape.

Many thanks for your help.:thumbsup:.

Knitnatsaint, I'm going to send you a personal message with my email address in it, if you can email the photo to me then I can make it so we can all see it. At the moment it's too small for me to be able to make out the collar shape or the method of construction. If it was me I'd start with a similarly shaped pattern in the weight of yarn that you want to use, knit it in seed stitch rather than stockinette (checking my tension in each) and then add a collar of the shape that I wanted. If you need to knit the collar three times to get it right it's still not a massive amount of work because of the size.

Knitnatsaint, I'm going to send you a personal message with my email address in it, if you can email the photo to me then I can make it so we can all see it. At the moment it's too small for me to be able to make out the collar shape or the method of construction. If it was me I'd start with a similarly shaped pattern in the weight of yarn that you want to use, knit it in seed stitch rather than stockinette (checking my tension in each) and then add a collar of the shape that I wanted. If you need to knit the collar three times to get it right it's still not a massive amount of work because of the size.

Many thanks for your advice,will respond to PM.

I think you may need to put up another post before you can answer a PM.

Still keeping an eye out for you :)

I think you may need to put up another post before you can answer a PM.

Still keeping an eye out for you :)

:thumbsup::nod:

There is a larger copy of the jacket photo on Flickr here for anyone who would like to have a closer look.

There is a larger copy of the jacket photo on Flickr here for anyone who would like to have a closer look.

:bigsmile:Thanks.

That little cardi looks so familiar. I will have a rummage through my patterns because there is something stirring in the old grey cells! :suspect: