Herries Road Bus Reunion

I bumped into Bob Hallam the other day and he said he was organising another re-union for ex- Herries Road Bus people which would be held at the 'Jubilee Sports Club' Claywheels Lane on 22nd March 1914 at 19-30 for thos interested in attending

I did a short spell at Herries Road in the early 1970's. I remember a conductor who came to work in a Bentley. In Portugal recently I met by chance an old Indian chap ( 80 yrs old) who had worked from H.Rd. in the 50's and 60's, his first name was Prem but I didn't get his surname. Anyone remember him ?

the chap with the Bentley was called Frank if I,m not mistaken--he came to work in Queens rd---and lived up Halifax rd----he used to eat raw onions every day----

Thanks for that wagginfinger now I've remembered his surname which was Warburton, a small fellow who always seemed to be wearing a scarf, was on part days and used to train probationer conductors, he also had a B.M.W. motor bike.

I think Frank had a sister who was a clippy called Carla--(-not sure fuzzy memory now)

I did work at Herries Rd quite a bit in the 60s/70s and 80s when working as a plant maintenance fitter and remember the bus wash outside the workshop and the steam cleaning bus lift against the folding doors even in June 76 it snowed when working on it---Herries road 10 degrees colder than any other depot----

22nd March 1914 WAS IT OPEN THEN ?????:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Thanks for that Mr Pops over 400 views and you were the first to spot my deliberate mistake !!!!!!!!!!!! it should have read 2014

I won't be able to make it from sunny Scarborough, but please extend my regards to all the lads. smiffy.

Served my apprenticeship as a diesel fitter at Herries road 81-85, happy days!:):):)

i worked at h/rd in the earl 60's the depot inspectors were charlie bowers an jack frith the union man was bert ramsey .

....one for your diaries guys !!!.....

Next Open Day .....First Depot , Midland Road , Rotherham

Saturday May 10th , 2014

....celebrating 100 years of Rotherham buses and the 40th Anniversary of South Yorkshire PTE. - this is going to be a big one !!!

More updates closer to the event.

Dos anyone remember frank highfield he was my dad he worked on buses from about 1960to 70 he was a driver his clippy was doreen some thing or other he went to drive for sheffield united tours dos anyone from s u t remember him