Sign in to follow this  

1 week to Calzaghe-Lacy,who wins?

Big fight next weeks boyz n gals, ladeez and gentz....two massive ko punchers...my heart says calzaghe but my head says Lacy...worrabout you lot?

I'm sayin lacy's goin down...Even though he's a solid feyter I think calzaghe will have the brains & speed to box him.

I'm sayin lacy's goin down...Even though he's a solid feyter I think calzaghe will have the brains & speed to box him.

Lets hope so, but when Lacy destroyed Reid last year his hand speed was amazing. I'm hoping Joe isn't past his best at his age, think he is 32, and that 1/2 second slowdown in handspeed can have a massive effect at this level.

Lets hope so, but when Lacy destroyed Reid last year his hand speed was amazing. I'm hoping Joe isn't past his best at his age, think he is 32, and that 1/2 second slowdown in handspeed can have a massive effect at this level.

I duuno, Joes experience might give him the upper hand.. if he can stay just outside lacys reach and keep the jabs coming, he might draw lacy into a mistake and punish him... he is more of a brawler than clazaghe and might get a bit too fired up. If Joe doesn't win though, I can't see him fighting again.

btw, Rodney p is a legend

I duuno, Joes experience might give him the upper hand.. if he can stay just outside lacys reach and keep the jabs coming, he might draw lacy into a mistake and punish him... he is more of a brawler than clazaghe and might get a bit too fired up. If Joe doesn't win though, I can't see him fighting again.

btw, Rodney p is a legend

I think Kalzage is one of the most underrated fighters ever to come from these shores! He's never been given the recognition he deserves.

Z

I would like to say Calzaghe will win but after watching Lacy's last fight i am very worried for Joe. Lacy is just devastating at this weight. A bit like a lighter, young Mike Tyson IMO.

i think the big problem joe might have will be his hands again - his last fight wasn't the first time he's had hand trouble. also, how good is his chin really? to be fair though, he's an excellent boxer - won out last time with one hand for most of the fight and he was still a class apart. it should make for a very interesting fight