Tunnel in the park at Firth Park

Ooooo crikey, it looks like it doesn't it!

this maybe psychological Katey

This is an addition to my previous post , I wrote quite a long reply then something went wrong and all you got were those couple of lines .

As I remember , the stream / brook ? went through the park and then there was another tunnel that went under Cammel road , after that I haven`t got a clue , I remember the Donkey hill well , the carboard slides , the bumps , bruisers , grass burns and grazes didn`t deter us , we were tough in them days . There were another " Donkey Hill " just up Sicey Avenue , there used to be a petrol station / garage and a bookmakers , behind that was open space , " A HILL !" , thus " Donkey Hill " , why it was called this I have no idea , I don`t recollect any rivalry between these " Donkey Hills " , there were no " Donkey Hill " wars , which was suprising for the early sixties.

At the bottom of this " Donkey Hill " was another magnet for curious / mischievious young kids , "The Corpo " yard , this was the Sheffield Council Works Dept. depot . On the " Bellhouse Road " side , there were offices where you could pay your rent etc. but the " Sicey Avenue " side there were the storage depot , sand , gravel , pebble etc. Use your imagination .:hihi:

In The 90's When Me And MY Mate's Were Down The Stream All The Time It Had A Iron Seal Thing That Would Open A Bit For Water But Unless You Was HULK And Could Lift It High Enough You Weren't Getting In. So We Used To Keep It Closed So The Water Would Build Up Then Release It. Also Remembring Making Dam's On The Stream, Cool Lol. Cardboarding Down The Donkey Hill With Cardboard From Behind Gateway. Firth Park Is Sadly Not The Same Anymore :( Remember Sneaking In The Council Depot On Sicey Where The Crappy New Flat's Are Now, We Were Alway's Paranoid About A Guard Dog Which Now I Think About It Didn't Exist :) Remember The Guard At The Bowling Alley On North Quadrant He Was An Old Chap With All The Security Guard Outfit On, Used To Tell Us Off But Was An Alright Bloke.......

Edited by -DISTURBED-

In The 90's When Me And MY Mate's Were Down The Stream All The Time It Had A Iron Seal Thing That Would Open A Bit For Water But Unless You Was HULK And Could Lift It High Enough You Weren't Getting In. So We Used To Keep It Closed So The Water Would Build Up Then Release It. Also Remembring Making Dam's On The Stream, Cool Lol. Cardboarding Down The Donkey Hill With Cardboard From Behind Gateway. Firth Park Is Sadly Not The Same Anymore :( Remember Sneaking In The Council Depot On Sicey Where The Crappy New Flat's Are Now, We Were Alway's Paranoid About A Guard Dog Which Now I Think About It Didn't Exist :) Remember The Guard At The Bowling Alley On North Quadrant He Was An Old Chap With All The Security Guard Outfit On, Used To Tell Us Off But Was An Alright Bloke.......

Geraway

Bouncer at bowling alley ur avvin a laugh is Mr Doyle still in charge lol no security when he was running it !

Just looking up that tunnel in Firth Park used to frighten me.

At one time I lived on Vickers Road ( just off Cammell Road ) at the bottom end of the park. Used to love trying to dam the stream and floating on it in an old tin bath. :hihi:

Just looking up that tunnel in Firth Park used to frighten me.

At one time I lived on Vickers Road ( just off Cammell Road ) at the bottom end of the park. Used to love trying to dam the stream and floating on it in an old tin bath. :hihi:

Lol I lived in there as well for a while near the Jarvis family knocked about with Peter as youngster we made dams as well in that stream I think it's name is Bagley brook if meanders through the northern general and serfices down upwell Street