Free Wills Month

Tempting fate init? A will?

No just forward planning, everyone should do a will you never know what's round corner

Hello participating solicitors, are you there?

Search for will aid they do them in November and there were lots of local solicitors when I did mine.

No just forward planning, everyone should do a will you never know what's round corner

True. I don't deal with Wills and Probate- but I do remind clients that we're all just leaseholders in this world; and we have no idea of when the lease's term will expire. Maybe that's why it's called a "demise".

True. I don't deal with Wills and Probate- but I do remind clients that we're all just leaseholders in this world; and we have no idea of when the lease's term will expire. Maybe that's why it's called a "demise".

Yes Death stalks us all. Well, him ant' tax man.

Yes Death stalks us all. Well, him ant' tax man.

As Mark Twain said, (And something which was brought home to me very painfully, overnight) "There are two things certain in life:- Death and Taxes".

A will is a good idea, especially if you don't have an obvious next of kin.

I had one done this year after meaning to "get around to it" for years and years.

It was chastening however to realize just how much more I'm worth dead than alive.

@Super Hans: Your thought about 'tempting fate' is an all too common one and spans all age groups. I cannot remember the exact figure but a large number of people die intestate which can leave their next of kin with huge problems. The BBC television programme 'Heir Hunters' is about this exact thing and demonstrates the folly of not making a Will. Be sure that making a Will is not going to have any effect on when you die - it will just give peace of mind and be enormously helpful to the loved ones that are left behind.

If anyone is thinking of taking advantage of this Will making promotion, please also consider Power of Attorney, particularly if you are a property owner or have any assets. This will not be free but could save your next of kin from having to spend time and money acting on your behalf should the need arise.

The" will aid site" says that you are expected to make a donation of £90 I think...isn't that about what a will normally costs or am I way out of date?

The point is that is goes to charity rather than the solicitor's firm.