Rare and Racy closing?

RIP. Rare and Racy finally closed yesterday. Kicked out to make way for foreign-owned student flats and Starbucks

This is definitely the saddest day for South Yorkshire bibliophiles in decades. I think YSF Books in Hunters Bar closing in 2004 was our last major loss.

Remember to keep supporting our 3 remaining bookshops - Books On The Park, The Last Chapter and The Porter Bookshop

Pretty soon Sheffield Council will have turned the City into a cultural wasteland.

It's already perhaps the most dull big City Centre in the country- seems every month more interesting places close to make way for student flats and chain coffee shops/restaurants/shops.

What saddens me the most is that people seem to welcome that.

RIP. Rare and Racy finally closed yesterday. Kicked out to make way for foreign-owned student flats and Starbucks

This is definitely the saddest day for South Yorkshire bibliophiles in decades. I think YSF Books in Hunters Bar closing in 2004 was our last major loss.

Remember to keep supporting our 3 remaining bookshops - Books On The Park, The Last Chapter and The Porter Bookshop

R.i. p rare and racey

Rare and Racey was still open an hour or so ago and is flogging everything off 5 for £1 - books, CDs, whatever. Whether they'll still be open tomorrow I couldn't say but they had loads of books left. This may be your last chance.

Rare and Racey was still open an hour or so ago and is flogging everything off 5 for £1 - books, CDs, whatever. Whether they'll still be open tomorrow I couldn't say but they had loads of books left. This may be your last chance.

bugger pity i aint there, cds and records wouldve gone down well LOL

bugger pity i aint there, cds and records wouldve gone down well LOL

I only popped in for a last whiff of incense and mustiness but came out with a CD.

I only popped in for a last whiff of incense and mustiness but came out with a CD.

everytime i went back to sheff id pop in to buy a cd or record, for old times sake and just help try and keep them going that lil bit longer.

My most surviving memory of the place is hearing the monk chant albums for the first time, that they were playing behind the counter.