Bonfires/firework displays s8

anyone know the list of times and dates of good firework displays and bonfires this year in Sheffield 8,is the big one at meadowhead transport ground on,with the fun fair ect,that was great last year,except the 20-25 min

waiting time to get a beer,and not able to get a soft drink from the burger van

due to club rules,otherwise it was magnificent:help::help::help:

Hope the firework display is better this year.

hi any details of transport ground firework/bonfire and funfair evening this year,is a date set?,bar details ect thanks

Hi Guys...Transport bonfire night is Friday 1st November this year, complete with funfair again! Sorry about waiting times for drinks but we only have a tiny bar area and it limits the number of staff we can have working behind the bar (even if we get very tiny staff!!!) We considered an outside stall but the problem is that it makes it impossible to monitor people who may bring alcohol on to the ground and allow youngsters to get hold of it. We are also very conscious of licensing regulations and the need to keep the litter down for local residents, it's difficult to make sure we respect the surrounding area. Fireworks are one of our big problems too...we try to make sure as many local kids can enjoy the night as possible, so we desperately want to keep the event as a free entry, but as a consequence we're limited regarding the amount of money we have available to spend on the actual fireworks. We're a not for profit organisation and entirely self funded, so funds have to be really carefully controlled at this time of year so that we can not only do bonfire night but also the younger children's Halloween Party Night the week before too! We love to see the locals having a good time and we hope you'll all enjoy yourselves!!! Look forward to seeing you....

hi that's great ,but will there be 2 bars open and will soft drinks be available via the outside funfair stand,as last year I waited 20 mins to get the beer,then found out the kids wanted a drink and the outside trailor couldn't sell colas ect so had to wait 20 mins again,also why cant cans of lager /beer be available at the inside bar for a quick service,

say only two types unknown to anyone till the night,but trust me I detest the idea of people bringing in drinks but you can never stop it 100%,just a few tweeks to this event and it can become one of the best in Sheffield as its already got a good footfall

That'd be good if we were one of the best around!!!!!! We'll work on all these points and see what we can improve on.....certainly cans inside sounds like a good idea! some really good suggestions there thanks!

thank you for that,i hope you can work something out,re-making it bigger with William and your team,a few adverts on your land near the perimiters,as on goal posts and entrance,a few flyers,posters nearby,plus this site theres no reason it cannot be doubled

this year,you have the footfall in the area,just need to aim for familys wanting a nice night out and over the next 5 years it will become huge,you only have to read about the lowedges festival that I help run,that aims at the same family ideas,so we await your

announcements and look forward to another great night again thank you

anyone know the list of times and dates of good firework displays and bonfires this year in Sheffield 8,is the big one at meadowhead transport ground on,with the fun fair ect,that was great last year,except the 20-25 min

waiting time to get a beer,and not able to get a soft drink from the burger van

due to club rules,otherwise it was magnificent:help::help::help:

can anyone tell me where this actually is please?

the transport ground is at meadowhead (old four lanes end ) opp meadowhead school

its a huge field/football pitchs ect,it has a long drive leading to a large club with a big

outside car park for the funfair,the biggest fire I have everseen ,fenced,very family friendly and if you fancy a drink its more than value for money,plus free entry and free firework display,this event can be travelled to by car or loads of buses pass it,in my opion

its the best in s8,cant wait to see it advertised thanks

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 10:29 ----------

will you be putting the bonfire night on here as advert so everyone knows the times ect

and if William has adverts tell him Stephen will put them in boxes in the area free if you wish

---------- Post added 27-10-2013 at 16:31 ----------

when is the times ect for the transport ground bonfire/funfair/firework display on nov 1st

to be announced,please so everyone can make arrangements,i know you have been busy with the Halloween night,but details of the firework event,soon as possible would help us all thank you

Please can any one tell me what time the transport ground bonfire starts this year

as we enjoyed it last year .

Hi everyone! Transport bonfire will be lit at approx 7.15pm on Friday and fireworks at about 9pm. The club will be open for drinks from 4.30pm, and the funfair will be up and running from around the same time. We'd love to make this a huge annual event, but bad weather restricts the use of our grassed areas for the funfair...meaning that the rides have to be on the car park area. I know we have 18 acres and it seems huge, but wet and boggy ground is obviously not safe for the rides!!! Maybe we could have another bonfire too....round about midsummer when the weather is good and we can use more ground!.. Please note that there will be NO ON-SITE PARKING ON THE NIGHT. For safety reasons please make sure all children are accompanied too, and we'd like to make sure all mums and dads read the information board relating to first aid /lost children areas. We want everyone to have a smashing, safe, time with us! Watch out on here for any more info during the week......

that's fantastic,this is one of the best events in Sheffield ,the mixture of the funfair area

lights,the magic of the huge bonfire,the friendliest of the people and a low cost pint and free entry,make this event unique, and I totally agree safety is a must,also the funfair was great on the car park and the hook a duck was brilliant value for money and the younger kids loved the rides and hot food and sparklers,so come along and support this event and well done to the transport ground workers for giving the area a chance to have

such a great event,and don't forget this Friday come along and enjoy yourselfs,only other comment is it should have its own listing on here thank you