Will England do it ??

Yes i agree that Rooney has been a big let down at International level. Remember him playing against Paraguay two World Cups ago and he was just awful,but again he is better than most that England have at present.

Certainly better for mine than Carrick,Lampard etc.

Scholes had World Class skills but is retired.

Spain are the best cause they don't give the ball away much!

Xavi,Inesta are freaks at keeping the ball,hard to compete with players like that.

Sturridge has weaknesses like his wasteful finishing and final ball but he has a tonne of skill (when in the mood)

Bottom line,you can only select the best you have.

Llanana,now he does look like a player,possibly the best player England has produced since Gasgoigne.

Yes i agree that Rooney has been a big let down at International level. Remember him playing against Paraguay two World Cups ago and he was just awful,but again he is better than most that England have at present.

Certainly better for mine than Carrick,Lampard etc.

Scholes had World Class skills but is retired.

Spain are the best cause they don't give the ball away much!

Xavi,Inesta are freaks at keeping the ball,hard to compete with players like that.

Sturridge has weaknesses like his wasteful finishing and final ball but he has a tonne of skill (when in the mood)

Bottom line,you can only select the best you have.

Llanana,now he does look like a player,possibly the best player England has produced since Gasgoigne.

Got to say I like that Lalana (spelling) I think he's one for future

Select natural players like Llanana(spelling) Rooney,Baines,Sturridge.

Players like Welbek and Walcott are very fast but for me not born to play the game. Chamberlain can run too,but is a lot more natural on the ball.

What does any of this even mean? Hodgson should obtain footage of players as babies to see if they were any good when they were born?

Well I watched 1st 15 minutes last night, and got bored with England hardly touching the ball I turned off, I did flick back for a few minutes periodically. I saw Germany score and one bit had me in stitches, Sturridge I think it was went down right wing doing all the fancy step overs, he went to go past the German defender who, just stuck his foot out and legally just took the ball away....classic what a pillock.

Serious WC contenders, not a cat in hells chance.

England are a joke!

Hodgson is happy with the last 2 home defeats.

I will cringe my way through watching our world cup campaign.

I can honestly say, our current choice of players are the worse i have ever seen.

England are a joke!

Hodgson is happy with the last 2 home defeats.

I will cringe my way through watching our world cup campaign.

I can honestly say, our current choice of players are the worse i have ever seen.

I was saying to the son the other day as he is raving about this Townsend from Sours, I said when he does it consistently for say 2-3 years then can say he's good. ATM he's just having a good little flash in the pan, TBH I think if we get out of our group in WC we'll have done well.

It's true that our PL is too over run with foreigners for our national players to emerge and sparkle, is it 26% in PL are English that's scandalous.

it's just the same old england - unable to retain possession and unable to pass to someone in the same colour shirt

& too many of them believe their own publicity too much

very frustrating to watch

Did not get to see the game. How did Lallana play? Make a difference?

Hope he gives Shaw a game soon,preferably in a more advanced left wing role.

Chamberlain is another. Thought he played well first game at the last Euro Champs before he was unfairly dropped.

if England had Xavi,Iniesta and Neymar from Brazil then I'd have some money on them winning the World Cup.

One thing for sure is, i wouldn,t back England with counterfeit money

There are so many overlooked players.

Agbonlahor should have been called up ages ago.

My Cat is more likely to play alongside Wayne Rooney up front than England beating any of the big boys at next years world cup

My Cat is more likely to play alongside Wayne Rooney up front than England beating any of the big boys at next years world cup

England can beat any of the big boys on any given one off, it's just highly unlikely they will do it in consecutive games, which they would need to do to get anywhere.