Sign in to follow this  

Walkers crisp - broken tooth!!!

OMG my partner has just chipped his tooth while eating a bag of walkers.

Its right bad. It looks like the flavouring all stuck together. Its like the size of a 2p but really thick ( before you say, I dont know how he didn't see it. He must of been shoveling them down ) . It is so hard we couldn't even break it when we bashed it with a knife handle. Now thats going to cost money, getting him a filling. Not to mention having to go down to the dentist which involves taking the day off work. Well gutted. I cant believe how hard it is. :mad:

Write them a letter threatening legal action. See what happens! ;):hihi:

lol. woo hoo , never thought of that. Might get some money . lol. nah dont think we will, just before everyone starts having a go. I know its not right.

I wonder if you could get lots for this though. :confused:

I see no reason why you can't get dental fees for this and maybe a little bit extra (mind you they'll probably offer you a 36 pack retail size box o' crisps) but at the very least you should be able to get the problem rectified.

I know . I thought that they may give us loads of crisps but we dont want any. We are both on a diet and it is the first bag of crisp he has had in 2 months so we dont want to have to get through hundreds of bags.:)

One of my old teachers once said she had some granary bread from jamie olivers fav supermarket and she chipped her tooth quite badly and needed dental treatment. She wrote them a letter, that was by the sounds of it worded pretty well (she said how she'd always shopped with them, never had any trouble, how she wouldn't stop using them but wanted them to be aware of what had happened etc.) well they sent her a letter back saying for her to send the bill from the dentists and they would pay for the dental work, i also believe in the end as kind of a goodwill gesture they sent her some vouchers aswell. so its well worth sending a letter i think!

when i was little, i found a piece of metal in my mouth whilst eating jelly tots.

my mum sent the metal with a snotty letter to the makers- rowntrees i think.

they sent a very apologetic letter back, with vouchers, and that they had checked all their machinery and nothing was missing.

i later had a check-up at the dentists and oops, you guessed it- it was my filling! lol

get writing. send the offensive flavouring bit back with the crisp packet and your fellas dentists bill (or quote if he hasnt got an appointment yet). you never know!

sophie

x

lol. woo hoo , never thought of that. Might get some money . lol. nah dont think we will, just before everyone starts having a go. I know its not right.

I wonder if you could get lots for this though. :confused:

I'm fairly sure you could take them to small claims court for the cost of £50 and come out with all necessary dental fees and compensation :)

It's not wrong - it's the way the country works unfortunately. They would rather pay for the dental costs out of court than have bad press.

I agree with Swan Vesta in that you should get the dentist's fees paid. I would keep hold of the packet and take a photo of the offending object (with something against it to show the actual size such as a 2p piece or ruler).

Don't send them in yet but just send the photo with a letter explaining what has happened and ask the dentist if s/he'd confirm it.

It probably is just a one-off, but sounds quite nasty to actually break a tooth.

Hope your partner gets his tooth sorted quickly. :)

Contact your local trading standards for advice but dont send the offending article off as you will lose all proof of your case. You should be due any dental fees if nothing else.