Why do people always look for negatives in peoples threads

I don't think I've seen as much invective and vitriol on a thread, ever, condemning negatives by being negative seems a bitter irony!

... or a classic use of the old 'double negative' gambit? :D

... or a classic use of the old 'double negative' gambit? :D

Hmm, I don't think it's not that ;)

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 10:35 ----------

Have you ever listened to just a minute on Radio 4.

I suspect mikeye's more your Hallam FM type, media in primary colours :hihi:

To refer back to my first post in this thread, I pointed out the hypocrisy of this

I absolutely love it when a plonker is brought down to earth with a bang by the more learned

And asked this question

You don't like people asking for proof though What sort of debate can be had when you appear to dislike a request for evidence?

For which I was then accused of being a KW, as apparently not agreeing with a group of posters who are contributing here, immediately means you are someone just trying to score points (irony notwithstanding).

The pseudo intellectuals swoop and squark like a flock of Crows who want to pick at the bones of a victim who dared to have an opinion.
A creative use of language there mikeye, are you sure you're not one of them 'pseudo-intellectuals', or are you going to continue with the inferiority complex?

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 10:46 ----------

For which I was then accused of being a KW, as apparently not agreeing with a group of posters who are contributing here, immediately means you are someone just trying to score points (irony notwithstanding).

Ahh, but you're not aligning yourself to the hitherto silent voices of the 'majority', they're reluctant to stick their heads above the parapet, instead watching from a distance and gnashing their teeth at the contributions they despise but feel unable to challenge because they feel they lack the wit to do so (but wouldn't admit it).

This thread's given them the opportunity to stand up and be counted, they sing as one now..so you have to agree-join them, the Emperor is naked!

Hmm, I don't think it's not that ;)

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 10:35 ----------

I suspect mikeye's more your Hallam FM type, media in primary colours :hihi:

I had him down as UK Gold or even Saga Funk and Soul.

My main concern as regards Sheffield Forum at this time is moderation, I confess that from time to time I have taken the bait and replied immoderately, consequently earning a ban. Recently I have received a ban and despite asking for details of my offence no explanation has been forthcoming. I also note that mods seem to be over reacting somewhat, closing threads, for what appears to me no good reason.

I fully appreciate the mods work in stopping abusive, stupid people ruining the forum but I would ask for a little more discretion.

Does anyone know why the 'Madeleine' thread was closed?

There does seem to be some hostility on the forum, joshing - which Mikeye does very well, and others more concerned with oneupmanship.

Also, bad grammar or bad grammar being pointed out publicly which is worse?

Edited by cressida
missed out 'which is worse'

There does seem to be some hostility on the forum, joshing - which Mikeye does very well, and others more concerned with oneupmanship.

Also, bad grammar or bad grammar being pointed out publicly?

Arrr the voice of reason, Cressy x

I suspect it was because a new poster made a serious and direct allegation about the McCann's and others quoted them in reply.

To-may-toes, to-mah-toes, cressida :)

I suspect it was because a new poster made a serious and direct allegation about the McCann's and others quoted them in reply.

To-may-toes, to-mah-toes, cressida :)

Po-tay-toes, to-mah-toes in some cases! :D

Po-tay-toes, to-mah-toes in some cases! :D

Let's call the whole thing off, Alco :thumbsup:

Let's call the whole thing off, Alco :thumbsup:

LOL @ bf

Sheffield being a super positive city attracts negative people. It's science people, pure and simple. Anyway this thread is rubbish and been done to death. See what I did there?