Why do people always look for negatives in peoples threads

Loads of 'em.

Have you noticed it is always the same folk posting on a thread just before the mods shut it down. You spot the names and decide it isn't worth posting because the thread will be gone by bed time.

I didnt actually start it. Please try and keep up old chap!:hihi:

Spectacular. Straight into the junior school playground.

I suppose it is because there are folk who post on here all day everyday and think they are smarter than everyone else.

Do you think that everyone is equally smart?

"Fortunately I'm just here to discuss topics and issues, so I'm not going to worry overly about this warrior nonsense." - Cyclone

LOL!

You correct, belittle and demean other posters and rarely contribute to the discussion. You usually show that you understand what others mean in their posts and yet you feel its necessary to publicly display their short comings.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt.

Do you think that everyone is equally smart?

The smart ones can make a point in a couple of posts. Others have to post all day until everyone else gives up through boredom or having better things to do and they have the last word.

"Fortunately I'm just here to discuss topics and issues, so I'm not going to worry overly about this warrior nonsense." - Cyclone

LOL!

You correct, belittle and demean other posters and rarely contribute to the discussion. You usually show that you understand what others mean in their posts and yet you feel its necessary to publicly display their short comings.

Maybe that's just your inferiority complex coming out when someone doesn't agree with you.

I have to disagree that I don't contribute though, I rarely post unless I have an opinion about a topic, and my opinion is normally supported by some kind of evidence or logic.

Sometimes I might post just to ask how someone else formed an opinion, but that's still a valid contribution IMO.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt.

Nice quote, not sure how it's relevant to a discussion forum though.

The implication is that those who do the deeds are worth more than those who talk about them, which seems fair. But which is pretty much irrelevant to most discussions.

It's pretty ironic to contribute to a thread about keyboard warriors and watch those who proclaim it to be a bad thing attack another poster instead of arguing a point.

Edited by Cyclone

The smart ones can make a point in a couple of posts. Others have to post all day until everyone else gives up through boredom or having better things to do and they have the last word.

Amen... ;)

Pointing out? Do you mean questioning?

I'm not your son and I think you've misunderstood how discussion works. It doesn't require me to agree with you, in fact, in order to discuss it sort of requires the opposite.

You're claiming you're rude and obnoxious?

Oh, so you're allowed to discuss, but only people who agree are allowed to reply, I think I see now.

Is that a question or a statement?

Do you really know what that word means?

If you do, I am anathema to what?

No you don't, you use it to represent some fictional group to which you wish to associate yourself and to which you wish to deny anyone who disagrees with you membership. Just saying'.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 22:02 ----------

So it's okay to be a keyboard warrior, so long as you didn't start it. Crikey the rules are complicated.

Fortunately I'm just here to discuss topics and issues, so I'm not going to worry overly about this warrior nonsense.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 22:03 ----------

There does seem to be a repeated thread of "doesn't agree with me" meaning aubrey classes you as keyboard warrior and not one of 'us' (the decent, nice, friendly people).

I've just come in from a hard days gardening, and have taken time to read through your jottings carefully. Apologies for my "Stuggle" erratum. as i,m usually a bit sharper, but alas my geriatrician did warn me the cells may start to dissipate as the weeks pass! Im sorry you feel a little miffed by my definitions, but sometimes we all say things that we feel, and it may not be to others taste, but that's how life goes. One thing I do have an aversion to is that we are all born equal, and therefor should treat each other as thus. If one of us is less informed than another, surely there are better ways to converse other than the "Keyboard Warrior" style, as being discussed? A little common decency and thought for others goes a long, long way.

As for not being my son......yes you are.

If we were to meet in the street, and you needed my help, I would give it. Strangers often turn out to be the nicest people we ever meet.

You sound a decent chap, and other posters hold you in high regard so please don't mar this image by being stand-offish when a few little home truths are pushed your way.

Kind Regards, Aubrey.

---------- Post added 15-10-2013 at 19:57 ----------

Spectacular. Straight into the junior school playground.

Junior school was a long time ago for me old chap!:hihi:

I've just come in from a hard days gardening, and have taken time to read through your jottings carefully. Apologies for my "Stuggle" erratum. as i,m usually a bit sharper, but alas my geriatrician did warn me the cells may start to dissipate as the weeks pass! Im sorry you feel a little miffed by my definitions, but sometimes we all say things that we feel, and it may not be to others taste, but that's how life goes. One thing I do have an aversion to is that we are all born equal, and therefor should treat each other as thus. If one of us is less informed than another, surely there are better ways to converse other than the "Keyboard Warrior" style, as being discussed? A little common decency and thought for others goes a long, long way.

As for not being my son......yes you are.

If we were to meet in the street, and you needed my help, I would give it. Strangers often turn out to be the nicest people we ever meet.

You sound a decent chap, and other posters hold you in high regard so please don't mar this image by being stand-offish when a few little home truths are pushed your way.

Kind Regards, Aubrey.

---------- Post added 15-10-2013 at 19:57 ----------

Junior school was a long time ago for me old chap!:hihi:

Three and a half out of ten. Poor.

You might like to look up what 'aversion' means. It's a good idea to know what a word means before using it in a sentence.

You might like to look up what 'aversion' means. It's a good idea to know what a word means before using it in a sentence.

Told.............

Someone or something that arouses such feelings, or so I was led to believe. So if believing that we are all equal arouses these feelings, is it wrong to use the word "Aversion" to express it? After all, that's what it refers to!

Is this your final rehearsal before you enter the "I Intend To Make Myself Look Silly" competition, this Saturday at Sillyville Town Hall, Dumplington?;)

---------- Post added 15-10-2013 at 22:08 ----------

Told.............

Not really, are you doing it as a double act?:rolleyes:

Someone or something that arouses such feelings, or so I was led to believe. So if believing that we are all equal arouses these feelings, is it wrong to use the word "Aversion" to express it? After all, that's what it refers to!

Is this your final rehearsal before you enter the "I Intend To Make Myself Look Silly" competition, this Saturday at Sillyville Town Hall, Dumplington?;)

---------- Post added 15-10-2013 at 22:08 ----------

Not really, are you doing it as a double act?:rolleyes:

Halibut has withdrawn now he knows you are the red hot favourite!