Why do people always look for negatives in peoples threads

I believe negative people judge and verbally attack others due to what is missing in their own lives and heart. It’s just an attempt to make them feel superior; lame isn’t it? Because of their own insecurities they put others down to look good. It rarely works, though, as real people are perceptive .

Loud, and ironic.

I concur with your "perceptive enough to see through it" bit though.:D

Peeps making up 'internet persona's' are sad sacks :cool:

Including your good self presumably.

What an excellent response! I think your analogy of the "K.W.S" should be a new comeback slogan, for when we are faced with a proper Know-All, and have really have run out of things to argue back about.

Im a relatively newbie to the forum, yet im already at the end of my tether, reading some of the most insulting posts made by these "K.W.S,ers" and I absolutely love it when a plonker is brought down to earth with a bang by the more learned and well-mannered of us on here, hee hee! Right, back to normalness after my little bit of wickedness!:hihi::hihi:

Doesn't that just make you a KW as well?

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 08:29 ----------

Very good Andrew. I myself popped a YouTube clip on a cycling thread, with an honest and clear voice stating that sometimes I believe that both cyclists and motorists can be just as crazy as each other. In response to this, my views have been shot down and spat out by a poster who swears blind that the cyclist didn't do anything wrong at all, even though its there for all to see on the clip. I wasn't backing up the motorist, just using the clip to enhance the point that both road users can be a little naughty.

Sometimes, people just cannot see further than the end of their noses, and really need to accept they are old enough to vote.:roll:

You're talking about the cyclist/ambulance video?

It's more than just one other person that thinks that the ambulance was in the wrong and not the cyclist.

Is it the nature of a KW to refuse to accept differing opinions? Because half of the definition so far seems to be "won't agree with me".

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 08:31 ----------

There has got to be something wrong with ppl who constantly need to do this really, I don't think any thread is relevant to them they just use it as a platform to put other people down and make themselves appear superior, but all they really do is show themselves up for who they really are, I'm happy to debate any thread I comment on and argue my corner but as soon as insults and sarcasm start I don't bother replying as the original topic has already gone by the wayside, some people on here could argue in an empty room!

You don't like people asking for proof though :confused: What sort of debate can be had when you appear to dislike a request for evidence?

I think Aubrey has become a vicarious KBW by applauding the actions of others.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 07:41 ----------

What an excellent response! I think your analogy of the "K.W.S" should be a new comeback slogan, for when we are faced with a proper Know-All, and have really have run out of things to argue back about.

Im a relatively newbie to the forum, yet im already at the end of my tether, reading some of the most insulting posts made by these "K.W.S,ers" and I absolutely love it when a plonker is brought down to earth with a bang by the more learned and well-mannered of us on here, hee hee! Right, back to normalness after my little bit of wickedness!:hihi::hihi:

I think this is a little presumptuous.Are you actually more learned?I agree your manners are excellent kind cur.

Doesn't that just make you a KW as well?

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 08:29 ----------

You're talking about the cyclist/ambulance video?

It's more than just one other person that thinks that the ambulance was in the wrong and not the cyclist.

Is it the nature of a KW to refuse to accept differing opinions? Because half of the definition so far seems to be "won't agree with me".

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 08:31 ----------

You don't like people asking for proof though :confused: What sort of debate can be had when you appear to dislike a request for evidence?

Could you be one of the offending "KWS,ers" Cyclone, as you seem to have taken this a little to heart lad!! Jumping on a thread and pointing out a poster for his views! Don,t you see that this is what its all about? Don,t you see that son? Its rude and obnoxious and very unkind to to a poster, just like me, who does not see the world through bad glasses or hate/loathe/detest any group or individually, but will discuss the merits and pitfalls of non-named posters who will insist on being negative. As I said at the beginning, you are the epitome of the nature of the thread, and without arguing or biting back, I would just like to say that you do know what this thread is called, dont you? Please take it with the light-heartedness that is meant, and if you stuggle with its meaning, im sure there are a million people who can explain to you why I consider you to be an anathema. May your god go with you x;)

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 20:30 ----------

I think Aubrey has become a vicarious KBW by applauding the actions of others.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 07:41 ----------

I think this is a little presumptuous.Are you actually more learned?I agree your manners are excellent kind cur.

I use the term "us" as a collective of normal and decent people. to which im sure most of us belong, I hope!

Could you be one of the offending "KWS,ers" Cyclone, as you seem to have taken this a little to heart lad!! Jumping on a thread and pointing out a poster for his views! Don,t you see that this is what its all about? Don,t you see that son? Its rude and obnoxious and very unkind to to a poster, just like me, who does not see the world through bad glasses or hate/loathe/detest any group or individually, but will discuss the merits and pitfalls of non-named posters who will insist on being negative. As I said at the beginning, you are the epitome of the nature of the thread, and without arguing or biting back, I would just like to say that you do know what this thread is called, dont you? Please take it with the light-heartedness that is meant, and if you stuggle with its meaning, im sure there are a million people who can explain to you why I consider you to be an anathema. May your god go with you x;)

I use the term "us" as a collective of normal and decent people. to which im sure most of us belong, I hope!

I think you have said plenty and your assassination of Cyclone was quite merciless.Cyclone is consistently measured in his/her comments.

You have a very distinctive style. I'm sure I've seen it before somewhere...

anyway, that aside, you seem to be doing exactly what you say you don't like others doing. There's a word for that.

I think you have said plenty and your assassination of Cyclone was quite merciless.Cyclone is consistently measured in his/her comments.

Well, you keep it up friend, I have tried to remain civil and still will be. Cyclone was obviously upset about my views on the cyclist/anbulance saga, and after 40 years of being a driving instructor AND agreeing that the ambulance driver was at fault, he STILL decided that the cyclist did no wrong. Im afraid he was wrong, but there you go. Thats debate I suppose, and although I agree wholeheartedly that Cyclone is an excellent and well thought out poster, I am aware that he can also make misjudgements, as in this case. I agree that I too may have been a little harsh, and maybe my reply was a little colourful, but the thread in question is all about assassinating a person over a point of view, to which cyclone decided to point it out to me personally, and not as a type.

Is that not a better reply?

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 20:53 ----------

You have a very distinctive style. I'm sure I've seen it before somewhere...

anyway, that aside, you seem to be doing exactly what you say you don't like others doing. There's a word for that.

You may have Halibut. Were you ever taught to drive by BSM? With regard to doing exactly as others do, I think you will find that I didnt actually start it. Please try and keep up old chap!:hihi:

Could you be one of the offending "KWS,ers" Cyclone, as you seem to have taken this a little to heart lad!! Jumping on a thread and pointing out a poster for his views!

Pointing out? Do you mean questioning?

Don,t you see that this is what its all about? Don,t you see that son?

I'm not your son and I think you've misunderstood how discussion works. It doesn't require me to agree with you, in fact, in order to discuss it sort of requires the opposite.

Its rude and obnoxious and very unkind to to a poster, just like me,

You're claiming you're rude and obnoxious?

who does not see the world through bad glasses or hate/loathe/detest any group or individually, but will discuss the merits and pitfalls of non-named posters who will insist on being negative.

Oh, so you're allowed to discuss, but only people who agree are allowed to reply, I think I see now.

As I said at the beginning, you are the epitome of the nature of the thread, and without arguing or biting back, I would just like to say that you do know what this thread is called, dont you?

Is that a question or a statement?

Please take it with the light-heartedness that is meant, and if you stuggle with its meaning, im sure there are a million people who can explain to you why I consider you to be an anathema.

Do you really know what that word means?

If you do, I am anathema to what?

No you don't, you use it to represent some fictional group to which you wish to associate yourself and to which you wish to deny anyone who disagrees with you membership. Just saying'.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 22:02 ----------

I think you will find that I didnt actually start it.

So it's okay to be a keyboard warrior, so long as you didn't start it. Crikey the rules are complicated.

Fortunately I'm just here to discuss topics and issues, so I'm not going to worry overly about this warrior nonsense.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 22:03 ----------

There does seem to be a repeated thread of "doesn't agree with me" meaning aubrey classes you as keyboard warrior and not one of 'us' (the decent, nice, friendly people).

Including your good self presumably.

Very astute :P

Regardless of who posts a question, whether it's somebody asking for advice or somebody genuinely having a moan about something legitimate, certain individuals always find fault or criticise the individual. Blaming the OP or attaching some form of blame to them. The OP can never be right in their eyes. Those criticising the post have most of the time not read the thread properly. Why do we have so many negative respondents posting on SF?

I suppose it is because there are folk who post on here all day everyday and think they are smarter than everyone else.

I suppose it is because there are folk who post on here all day everyday and think they are smarter than everyone else.

Loads of 'em.