How much should a single person spend on a food a week?

What does that have to do with intelligence? That's memory.

If you say so.I would imagine there may be some correlation between memory and intelligence-what do you think?

I worked out that I'm spending £60 a month on food at the canteen at work. I'm going to cut that out.

If you say so.I would imagine there may be some correlation between memory and intelligence-what do you think?

I'd suggest that there was a lot more of a correlation between basic mathematics and intelligence. :hihi:

I spend £80ish, a good proportion of that is on good wine though.

I left home at 16 (1986) and had £67 per fortnight to live on, lucky me.

I maximised my income by buying necessities from shop lifters at 25%/50% of the retail price.

Immoral maybe, but when did morality ever enter into big business ?

Shoplifters are an excellent source when it comes to cheap protein. Their wares that is, not their flesh. ;)

I left home at 18 (2000) and had £68 a week to live on. £35pw rent £15pw bus fare to work & the rest was split between food & £1 coins to drop into the electric meter. I spent more on food in the summer & more on electric (heater, or it was 5c in my room otherwise) in the winter. Bet managing like that today is impossible

If you are so smart tell me how sides there are on a 50pence piece-no looking please.

None as they are all slightly rounded! ;)

And no, I didn't look..

(But commonly, there are 7)

We spend somewhere in the region of £400 to £500 a month, for two of us, but that does include cleaning products, sanitary stuff etc and booze.

The only frozen food we buy is ice cream, waffles, fish fingers and peas. No ready meals, lots of veg and fresh meat/fish. Most evening meals will involve red meat, fish or chicken/turkey in some way (tonight is home made venison pie, with the venison courtesy of Round Green Farm, and some veg).

How people can spend only £15 and not die is beyond me.

jb

Edited by barleycorn

i spend around £60 a week on shopping but i do have a partner and child and allways end up going to shop spending another £10 on bread milk ect i think £40 sounds about right

My father used to go for 'special' £5 pub meal every evening = £35 a week and no pots to wash.

We spend just under £30 a week each which includes all toiletries, laundry cleaning products. Much harder to work with that budget as a single person though.

None as they are all slightly rounded! ;)

And no, I didn't look..

(But commonly, there are 7)

No,two,heads and tails.You were describing the edges.Hence the expressions two sides of the coin.

I've been away on an all inclusive holiday so I saved a fortune on my food bill as it was all free.

I normally just price that into my calculation about how much a holiday costs :D

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:45 ----------

Are you for real? £15 a day to feed one person.:loopy: And by the way you need to go back to school for lessons in maths, 7 days a week @ £15 a day adds up to £105 a week not £150 as you say.

Well, no, he's clearly trolling, so clear that I'm surprised anyone bothered to reply.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:54 ----------

We spend somewhere in the region of £400 to £500 a month, for two of us, but that does include cleaning products, sanitary stuff etc and booze.

jb

I find that staggering to be honest. Assuming you use a normal amount of cleaning/sanitary stuff, we can probably ignore it entirely, so how much of that £200 - £250 /person is food?

I don't really budget at all for food, we spend whatever we need to when we go to the supermarket, but without checking I think it's probably in the region of £250/month between two. (No booze, and £1 bottle of shower gel isn't going to have a large effect).

And that's eating pretty well IMO.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:57 ----------

No,two,heads and tails.You were describing the edges.Hence the expressions two sides of the coin.

If you're going to be pedantic then it's 9. What you called 'edges' have depth as well.

But then if you were being pedantic in that way you'd use the correct word and ask for faces, not sides. And then the correct answer for edges would be 21. (An edge being the line where two faces meet).