How much should a single person spend on a food a week?

I'm spending about £40 a week on food for myself at the moment and I'm wondering if that's a lot of money.

What do people think? And what do you spend?

I guess it's tricky if there's two of you or if you live in a house full of people...

It depends what you eat, when and what you do with the food. I can spend twice that in a week but the food I buy might last for months but I can also spend next to nothing another week. What I spend changes so I can't really say.

Thanks. I know it's a 'how long is a piece of string' question but I'm on a juice diet and spending about £40 to £50 doesn't seem a lot.

But then again, it IS quite pricey!

personally i spend £25 -£30 a week but i do have a lot of sandwiches!!(cold ones that is)

I live alone, work shifts so have a pack up for either lunch or dinner. I spend about £40 a month on actual food. I spend about another £10-15 a month on toiletries/cleaning.

Most of the food i buy is either frozen or goes in the freezer or cupboard. I only shop once a month, but pick up bread & bits i've run out of in between, like butter which lasts ages, or eggs which i eat a lot of.

£40 a week for one person is excessive unless you're buying waitrose's finest range??? I shop at tesco & buy the 'middle' range & some brand names

I try to spend £15-20 a week, less if I can. I live on my own, I have a cat but she doesn't cost much to feed.

I save money by not buying meat. I buy lots of pasta and beans and canned fish and frozen food. I just try and pick up veg and bread as and when I need it.

If you are careful and avoid luxuries then a budget of about £15 a day should suffice,more if you eat out obviously.So that is about £150 per week.

I'm spending about £40 a week on food for myself at the moment and I'm wondering if that's a lot of money.

What do people think? And what do you spend?

I guess it's tricky if there's two of you or if you live in a house full of people...

I've been away on an all inclusive holiday so I saved a fortune on my food bill as it was all free.

I spend about £30 per week in the supermarket, but that includes cleaning stuff, toiletries etc. I probably spend about another £10 in the local shop on bread, milk and "bits".

I'm spending about £15 per week, That's £10 frozen and £5 on sandwich stuff.

Not the healthy diet I want, but I manage alright.

I have no choice but to spend no more than about £10 per week, and that's on a good week!

I've been away on an all inclusive holiday so I saved a fortune on my food bill as it was all free.

Were you in Armley or Donnie?