Flashmob Sheffield Station today (fri 11 oct 13)

Down with this sort of thing.

Be careful now.

What time did this happen, I was at the train station twice yesterday and I'd have thought it to be a cool thing to have seen.

What's with all the negative remarks from the forummers, at least those who took part have something going on in their lives.

11 o'clock :)

So you've nothing positive to say about a bunch of mothers gathering to bring a bit of fun to their lives and that of others ?

That's genuinely sad and more a reflection on your negative psyche than theirs.

Thanks for your concern, however you know nothing about me or my psyche. Also the whole idea of this is flawed. I don't find this fun because it simply isn't. If someone finds something like this fun then surely that means they have no fun in their own life, and therefore rely on things like this to have fun. If I go and have fun and enjoy my life every day ( which I do ) then I don't need a group of poorly dancing mums to brighten my day. Maybe it reflects more on how dull someone else's life is rather than my own ?

No, I have nothing positive to say, that's why I didn't say anything positive in my original post.

There's really no fun in a "mob" of 8 mums dancing poorly around a train station. I find many things fun, but what's fun in copying something which has already been done ( to a much, much higher standard ) thousands of times before and is now very outdated ?

To me it's more worrying that some people still find this fun, as to be honest it's a little sad. If they planed something new and original I would respect that much more than copying something and getting nowhere close to the standards others have.

The whole flashmob thing isnt for me at all and I dont like them

However has it really annoyed you that much?

Ultimately it was a group of women showing off their slings in what they perceived a fun way for international babywearing week

Surely if you don't like it you just walk on? Not sure it deserves such ire!

No, I have nothing positive to say, that's why I didn't say anything positive in my original post.

There's really no fun in a "mob" of 8 mums dancing poorly around a train station. I find many things fun, but what's fun in copying something which has already been done ( to a much, much higher standard ) thousands of times before and is now very outdated ?

To me it's more worrying that some people still find this fun, as to be honest it's a little sad. If they planed something new and original I would respect that much more than copying something and getting nowhere close to the standards others have.

A: - dancing poorly? have you ever tried dancing with a child attached to yourself? its bad enough moving as it is let alone dancing

B:- what would you have done? what would you have classed as original, and fun?

Thanks for your concern, however you know nothing about me or my psyche. Also the whole idea of this is flawed. I don't find this fun because it simply isn't. If someone finds something like this fun then surely that means they have no fun in their own life, and therefore rely on things like this to have fun. If I go and have fun and enjoy my life every day ( which I do ) then I don't need a group of poorly dancing mums to brighten my day. Maybe it reflects more on how dull someone else's life is rather than my own ?

Yes, it must be so much more interesting waiting for a train and this flashmob NOT happening. Do you dislike it because you cant do it yourself? I couldnt do it, and I tip my hat to the girls. Great fun in this world of boredum and miserableness. Bah humbug!!;);)

Switch the webcam on and show us how it should have been done then :P:hihi:

You wanna watch me twerking? :)

From the blog.

"Our Facebook forum can be found here - please come and join us. The group is closed for privacy as we have photos of our children on the page, but we welcome all new additions, and look forwards to making new friends!"

I guess privacy goes out of the window when it comes to being a group of attention seeking mothers.

Edited by denomis

It actually makes me a little sad reading this. Lighten up people, they were having fun! It might not have been perfectly timed but it's better than I could do with a baby attached to me!

Wonder what the reaction would've been if it had been fathers instead?

It actually makes me a little sad reading this. Lighten up people, they were having fun! It might not have been perfectly timed but it's better than I could do with a baby attached to me!

indeed i cant dance at all, in fact on weekends when the beer takes hold i can barely walk lol

nothing else better to do.bet jeremy kyle wasnt on ....lol

And they wonder why this country is in a mess. I'd hazard a guess the majority were teachers.