David Weir/new manager megathread

there is one big name very popular in the middle east SVEN

Clough -Depends wots offered by the chairmen, Brian Deane is manager of someone i think but might do well at lane !

But best option would be Warnock if i was a blade to get them outta the mess there in

Wonder if BRIAN the Blade might go for the job always makes fans laff on Footyheaven show:hihi:

Clough -Depends wots offered by the chairmen, Brian Deane is manager of someone i think but might do well at lane !

But best option would be Warnock if i was a blade to get them outta the mess there in

Wonder if BRIAN the Blade might go for the job always makes fans laff on Footyheaven show:hihi:

Only your lot m8 :roll: unfortunately he makes most of the Blades fans cringe :gag:

Why do so many fans slag hoofball off ?

At the end of the day United are in an ideal league for the long ball, it has been proven that the football Weir was trying to play didn't work.

Sometimes you have to go back to basics and if it means hoofball then so be it...

Success before style in the lower leagues, sad but true...

Football can be played in this league, so Barcelona would struggle in this league?

Todays Mirror says Keith Curle and Nigel Clough.

My money would be that Morgan's still there come May.

Possibly but hopefully not manager, we are in too perilous a position to give job to someone untested.

Thanks gary,how are you,I am still waiting to here if i am being made redundant so could do with the blades winning to cheer me up a bit

Good luck on the job front Monza.

Also on the subject of possibly being out of a job, I feel sorry for DW now the axe has fallen. FGS, he's not had owt like long enough to change the whole structure of the club. Let's face it, you lot have had the tag of long ball merchants for years and years, the same as our band of Turkeys at S6.

On the odd occasion Danny Wilson's team played some good football, Blades were waxing lyrical about it. We did the same when Wednesday played better than Barcelona against Birmingham at Hillsborough. It's great to watch, and on the whole, quality beats hard graft and cloggin'.

But both teams soon resort to hoof ball, and it's XXXX to watch, win, lose , or draw.

Before Hoddle got his new Comission job, I've been a big supporter of his, and sorely wanted him to take charge at S6. We'd deffo play football, and given time, I think we'd play good winning football. That's not going to happen under Jones, and it's only a matter of time before he's gone. When the Chinese lot move in, DJ will move out..... CARVED IN STONE.

I thought Weir was taking you in the right direction, and with just a few weeks' more patience, I think you'd have started winning (or at least getting acceptable results) and Blades would have been a lot happier.

I sincerely hope your next manager lasts more than 20 games, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Hope your work picks up. Like football managers, there's not much out there.

David Cameron couldn't run a bath.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Next Permanent Sheffield Utd Manager

Next Permanent Manager

Nigel Clough 8/11

Russell Slade 4/1

Richie Barker 8/1

Chris Morgan 8/1

Roy Keane 11/1

Stuart McCall 12/1

Tony Pulis 14/1

Neil Warnock 18/1

Steve Evans 20/1

Phil Parkinson 20/1

Paul Jewell 20/1

Paolo di Canio 20/1

Michael Appleton 25/1

Glynn Snodin 33/1

Alan Curbishley 33/1

Avram Grant 33/1

David Unsworth 33/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 40/1

–

Where do people get these names from? :hihi:

Hi HM good post and from me Nigel good luck mate, back on track people are saying we don't have the players to do Weir's style. As has been intimated we probably do, but there was something going on down at BDTBL that we never get to know about.

I'm still of the belief that player power got him out, surely evident for what Porter said (if true), I hope he stays at Chezzie.

We've said it every time we have sacked a manager since Warnock, "we've got to get this one right", well the closest we did was Wilson but he bottled it good style.

It's no use looking at managers such as Slade who've had 10 good games this season, if that's a reason then we should have kept Weir. What has he done in seasons past, I'd still go for RDM we can pay him decent now time for KM to say come in RDM you time is now.

But I suspect as usual, we have Harrods pockets and the arms of pound shop; we have to look to the bigger picture. If we could poach someone I'd be down to Reading for Adkins like a shot, but more chance of Jones winning manager of year.

Next Permanent Manager

Nigel Clough 8/11

Russell Slade 4/1

Richie Barker 8/1

Chris Morgan 8/1

Roy Keane 11/1

Stuart McCall 12/1

Tony Pulis 14/1

Neil Warnock 18/1

Steve Evans 20/1

Phil Parkinson 20/1

Paul Jewell 20/1

Paolo di Canio 20/1

Michael Appleton 25/1

Glynn Snodin 33/1

Alan Curbishley 33/1

Avram Grant 33/1

David Unsworth 33/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 40/1

–

At Stan James, they have Clough at 6/4, Pulis 8/1 and Ole Gunnar Solksjaer at 10/1 ! Neil Redfern also in there at 20/1... Dave Holdsworth, Glynn Hodges, Unsworth and Craig Short all 33/1.

At Skybet, Clough leads the way, with Jewell second favourite with Pulis...

According to Jim Phipps on SSN earlier today (the guy representing the Prince on the board), they're expecting to have someone in place by the 19th October if not before, and are looking at days instead of weeks. He wouldn't confirm or deny any names though...

Edited by sheff71

Next Permanent Manager

Nigel Clough 8/11 Decent shout

Russell Slade 4/1 No way done nowt

Richie Barker 8/1 Still finding feet

Chris Morgan 8/1 Never found feet

Roy Keane 11/1 Breaks everyone's feet

Stuart McCall 12/1 Won't leave Scotland

Tony Pulis 14/1 Doubt he'd come

Neil Warnock 18/1 Never in a million years please god no

Steve Evans 20/1 Fat little git don't want him near our club

Phil Parkinson 20/1 Not ready

Paul Jewell 20/1 No way Jose

Paolo di Canio 20/1 Undecided on him

Michael Appleton 25/1 You're taking the pi$$ now

Glynn Snodin 33/1 What?????????????????????

Alan Curbishley 33/1 Would not go past Watford Gap

Avram Grant 33/1 No thanks Mr Potato Head

David Unsworth 33/1 Oh yes relegates us, then make him manager

Sven Goran Eriksson 40/1 Not in my lifetime hopefully

I'll add RDM we have money we could possibly tempt him now