Are there any pubs actually open in Attercliffe?

The Cocked Hat opposite the entrance to Don Valley stadium.

Nice pub, but will it keep going now the stadium's closed.

Used to love The Cocked Hat but after Anthony left, after taking over from his mum and dad it was never the same. and the succession of landlords after him seemed to do nothing to improve it.

Just my opinion

Forgot about the Carbrook Hotel worth a visit just because it's so old, with original features from the 1600's Its supposed to be haunted. Parliamentary meeting place in civil war. This one can't be demolished 'cos it's grade 2 listed.

Edited by Odd-jobs

It's a while since I was in the Cocked Hat but there used to be near the bar a photo of a cottage in some woodland. There was no caption to the picture but I know it well because it's the house I was born in.

It's in Ecclesall Woods on the footpath from Limb Lane to Abbeydale Rd.

I've always wondered how a photo of that cottage came to be on a pub wall in Attercliffe.

Car brook hall is open,apparantly a very haunted pub,havnt been there for a while but usually is busy and full of entertainment at the weekends

The Carbrook is the best pub down there always been busy when Ive been down

Carbrook hall has never served a nice pint, the beers terrible and thats if theyve got any.

Was in the area for a curry with the family a couple of weeks ago, took them in the Carlton . It was Ok for a quick pint .

I think you'll find the Carlton is a top pub, not been in for a few months due to health but used it for last 8 years love the place.

Arena Square near the Arena

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The Carlton on Attercliffe Road is open I'm a regular customer and yes it is in Attercliffe!

The Carlton's your best bet, I'd say. Decent beer and a warm welcome guaranteed. The Don Valley Hotel is okay too, a bit livlier but it may or may not be your scene. The Cocked Hat is pretty much closed now, although it will occasionally surprise you and be open. The few years I've lived here it's been impossible to predict when it's going to open and when it won't, which is a fine way to drive off your customers. I'd recommend going a bit further up Darnall Road to the Sportsman, which is a great pub that does a good trade. I've tried Carbrook Hall a few times, but the beer's poor and we didn't much like the atmosphere.