Who are these complete Idiots??

Having the roads re surfaced is essential and im sure AMEY are doing their level best however i do find some aspects of it quite cynical. For example a road near me has got temporary restrictions between certain times and a warning that cars will be towed if parked during this time. This is so the work can be carried out.That would be fair if the restrictions had not been in places for 4 days already with not a bit of work being carried out. Cars have however been towed and the owners charged for their release.

Today at Charles Clifford. No roadworks. Could I park?? Nope. Total gridlock, all around childrens and hallamshire. The reason in my humble op is that there is just far too many cars on Sheffields roads, so when there are roadworks, it makes it seem 300 times worse.

Get rid of your car then and use the bus. One less car on the road for you to moan about then. :roll:

Get rid of your car then and use the bus. One less car on the road for you to moan about then. :roll:

Thats easy for you and I to do, but my 12yr old with walking difficulties may disagree. I realise you couldnt have known this, but it would be nice if posters could think about others personal situations before casting doubt.:(

Stay with your car. It gives you wonderful freedom. The fewer buses we have causing jams and clogging up the roads the better.

But please do respect workmen doing their jobs. Make it safe for them.

Thats easy for you and I to do, but my 12yr old with walking difficulties may disagree. I realise you couldnt have known this, but it would be nice if posters could think about others personal situations before casting doubt.:(

Whilst I feel for your situation, there are others that also need a car because of similar or more severe reasons. You can't go around complaining about the number of cars on the road whilst using yours. You're one of the people you're complaining about and that makes it hypocritical.

Charles Clifford, Weston Park Hospital, Hallamshire Hospital, Jessops Wing. So many places where people go who CANT walk or use public transport due to disablement. YOU try and go home on the bus after having chemo or radiotherapy. More parking is needed here...........perhaps permits could be issued with appointment cards ?? It's not rocket science.

Whilst I feel for your situation, there are others that also need a car because of similar or more severe reasons. You can't go around complaining about the number of cars on the road whilst using yours. You're one of the people you're complaining about and that makes it hypocritical.

Where is the emoticon for "Jaw Hitting Floor"? Never, ever have I complained! I merely made an opinion as to the fact that there are a lot of cars on the roads today, mine included! My young-un would rather walk, if he could. But he cannot. The other option for him would be community transport, which is so overstretched its embarrassing. My family and I dont ask for special treatment, because we dont need it. We like to do things for ourselves without relying on others to do it for us. What does sadden me is folk like yourself who believe that a forum is a platform for you to personally ridicule another's view, when you seriously dont have a clue about the person or their problems.

If it makes you feel better, I apologise that we have a child who cannot walk, and that you think im hypocritical because I think there are too many cars on the road today. When he has his next visit to Charles Clifford, I will make every attempt to get his frame, his bag, his sticks and his comfort blanket onto the bus, and when we get off at the Childrens entrance, I will do my best to insist he does his best to walk around to the dental hospital. If he does ask me why im doing this to him, I will tell him that Resident, of Sheffield Forum fame, has publicly branded his dad a hypocrite.

I salute you sir, for putting the faith back in human kindness.

Mod Note:

Please keep it on topic.

Thanks

That went well.

Where is the emoticon for "Jaw Hitting Floor"? Never, ever have I complained! I merely made an opinion as to the fact that there are a lot of cars on the roads today, mine included! My young-un would rather walk, if he could. But he cannot. The other option for him would be community transport, which is so overstretched its embarrassing. My family and I dont ask for special treatment, because we dont need it. We like to do things for ourselves without relying on others to do it for us. What does sadden me is folk like yourself who believe that a forum is a platform for you to personally ridicule another's view, when you seriously dont have a clue about the person or their problems.

If it makes you feel better, I apologise that we have a child who cannot walk, and that you think im hypocritical because I think there are too many cars on the road today. When he has his next visit to Charles Clifford, I will make every attempt to get his frame, his bag, his sticks and his comfort blanket onto the bus, and when we get off at the Childrens entrance, I will do my best to insist he does his best to walk around to the dental hospital. If he does ask me why im doing this to him, I will tell him that Resident, of Sheffield Forum fame, has publicly branded his dad a hypocrite.

I salute you sir, for putting the faith back in human kindness.

You can't have a bit of a moan about there been too many cars on the road when you use yours. I'm sure most people could trot out their own little sob story as to why they must use their car.

To be honest apart from first thing in a morning I don't find the traffic going down western bank all that bad, glossop road can be a nightmare at times and parking can be a real pita.

Going back to the bbc news link. It's says parson cross & wybourn. Mmmm just sayin.

You can't have a bit of a moan about there been too many cars on the road when you use yours. I'm sure most people could trot out their own little sob story as to why they must use their car.

To be honest apart from first thing in a morning I don't find the traffic going down western bank all that bad, glossop road can be a nightmare at times and parking can be a real pita.

Wow, condescending much ;)

Going back to the bbc news link. It's says parson cross & wybourn. Mmmm just sayin.

I expect that is the problem. And I do agree to a point. What I do have a problem with is the way that a disabled child can be likened to a "sob story".

Not very nice, is it?

It's because we are too soft on the criminal element. This type of person should be dealt with by means of flogging! Something that registers with their subhuman brains....