Ale house fraser road

Totally agree Jemson a certain user who clearly has an affiliation with another local venue has done nothing but slag off The Ale House. I personally think its because they are worried about the competition It's funny really because the clientèle of The Ale house are unlikely to ever be customer of the other venue.

Me too cant sere an issue with them wanting do something a little different in their own place.

The longer this thread goes on, the more it just seems like a troll / smear campaign. It just makes me think, I`ve not been in for a bit, must go soon!

Do you mean before it's sold? if you miss out just take a can of 'Real Ale' into woodseats library and sup it in there,same atmosphere....................ssssssshhhhhhhh!

Do you mean before it's sold? if you miss out just take a can of 'Real Ale' into woodseats library and sup it in there,same atmosphere....................ssssssshhhhhhhh!

There is difference.

The Ale House does not tolerate obnoxious people swearing loudly. It is a place for civilised people wanting to enjoy relaxed conversation and good beer. (occasionally also real live music, quiz, old fashioned games etc)

That does not mean no atmosphere.

I called in the ale house about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon or it might have been a Sunday the place is a joke called in for a pint the bloke behind the bar said sorry but if you havnt been here before I cant serve you? So which I said sorry you what? He says I only serve regulars and I don’t want strangers in, so I was really confused another bloke said ( come on **** he only wants a pint ) and he said sorry I will not serve him, I will not name him on here but I just think its an absolute joke why would you turn down custom? :huh::rant:.

Anyone else had this problem in here or anywhere else?

Just thought i'd remind you of the origin of this thread it was not that this person was being loud or obnoxious,the guy just happened to call in wanting a pint and was refused...........................Why?:huh:

I've been in recently in the last couple of months, it's a lovely pub really friendly people and good reasonably priced beer. They had a great sing song with caroling at Christmas don't know what people are going on about I've been in several times/dates and I've been nothing but welcome

I've been in recently in the last couple of months, it's a lovely pub really friendly people and good reasonably priced beer. They had a great sing song with caroling at Christmas don't know what people are going on about I've been in several times/dates and I've been nothing but welcome

only your 2nd post,have you found an urgent need it's such a good pub?:suspect:

Did you have to borrow someone else's membership card?:huh:

I hope it gets taken over by the Sheaf View lot. If it was open more, friendlier to non-locals, and allowed dogs, then I would be in all the time.

My o/h is a CAMRA Member, he's not a beer snob but likes to try the different types and flavors, that and take advantage of the discounts you can get being a CAMRA member. For example some pubs give you a discount on ale, you get up to 52% off various days out and travel. But when he asked politely on the Facebook page the owner was very rude. I think customer service is more important than just serving the same faces.

yes it did,was run by the brewery.The one or two people that took it over couldn't make a go of it high rents/lack of customers etc.

Shut down and sold off couple of years ago the guy thats got it now re-opened it as a real ale pub initially got some good reports decent ale etc.Then the guy started imposing his will on the place if he desn't like your face its a quick goodbye:help:

Turned it from a real ale pub into a real...ly not open to the public pub:gag:

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 09:10 ----------

Just thinking about the legalities and implications of issuing membership cards to get service in what is licensed as a public house.Does it not contravene his license by turning his pub into a private club are they not covered by different laws?

I had the Sheaf in 95/96 I had just built it up 4 my brewery selling it of to another brewery who then let me go even when people petition to keep me in even the Mercury ran a headline about it..it then went down hill