The Nature Pics Mega Thread

awsome photos rpsmith ... went out to white edge other day but got nothing like yours . only 70-300mm lens and they was what seemed like a mile away .

15388280629_760c83172d.jpgred deer by Simon Dell Photography, on Flickr

15575748782_84ae027163.jpgred deer by Simon Dell Photography, on Flickr

14955379804_f5d395c487.jpgAngel of light over the valley of god by Simon Dell Photography, on Flickr

Doom Bringer, patience is key, that was the 5th or 6th time i have been up there and each time i seem to get better/closer shots of them

It was going out there last with a cheap 70-300mm that got me into wildlife in the first place, now i have a 300mm prime lens with teleconvertors to give me a bit more reach

Doom Bringer, patience is key, that was the 5th or 6th time i have been up there and each time i seem to get better/closer shots of them

It was going out there last with a cheap 70-300mm that got me into wildlife in the first place, now i have a 300mm prime lens with teleconvertors to give me a bit more reach

yeah when we went out other day one of the lads had a lens the length of my arm and the detail and zoom was awsome that said some of the group had bridge cameras that got just as close .

didnt help the 70-300 on mine being free hand and I do shake the camera when I press that button .

yeah when we went out other day one of the lads had a lens the length of my arm and the detail and zoom was awsome that said some of the group had bridge cameras that got just as close .

didnt help the 70-300 on mine being free hand and I do shake the camera when I press that button .

Yeah, the past few times i have been up i took a monopod, but this last time i actually took a tripod and it made the world of difference, especially in low light as i could drop the shutter speed right down

Excellent pictures Doom Bringer & rpsmith79! Here are some of my Deer pictures from Big Moor. With there been very little cover around the moor it's pretty easy for the hinds to spot you and alert the rest of the group. All of my shots are cropped & taken with a 400mm prime. Keep 'em coming :)

15527210552_e65cc85aea_c.jpgMale Stag by Brent_bia, on Flickr

15340989837_4ce43fc53c_c.jpgMale Stag Silhouette by Brent_bia, on Flickr

15340845660_8b66221001_c.jpgMale Stag by Brent_bia, on Flickr

Nice shots Buggz, love the colours in the second one
Thank you! I was lucky enough to get on the moors early and catch a decent sunrise.

@shefffy: Wow, took me a few seconds to get it but I got there. Nice one :)

15649552117_af9b129780_c.jpgHunter and Prey by Simon Dell Photography, on Flickr

---------- Post added 01-12-2014 at 22:12 ----------

15891118325_fdc3708653_c.jpgLongshaw Estate views by Simon Dell Photography, on Flickr

---------- Post added 04-12-2014 at 20:13 ----------

15933620715_0af6e6b219_c.jpgbird in tree silhouette by Simon Dell Photography, on Flickr