A57 Blocked centre of Broomhill

Why is a hit and run preferable to a shooting?

I understand where the posters coming from with regards to a hit and run being more preferable.

A hit and run could well be the fault of the pedestrian carelessly walking across a road. The driver could have been in shock and panicked and driven off. If you're careful crossing a road, you can avoid such an accident.

In the case of a shooting, someone has gone out with an illegal weapon probably with the intent of using it at some time. If you're in the wrong place when the gunman starts firing, there's not a lot you can do to avoid it.

I'd certainly be more fearful of a gunman being loose in my neighbourhood than a hit and run driver, unless of course the driver was taking out pedestrians by deliberately driving onto footpaths etc.

Regards

Doom

Does it matter whether a shooting or hit and run is 'worse'? They're both reprehensible. Either way, someone was seriously injured. I hope they make a full recovery and the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Does it matter whether a shooting or hit and run is 'worse'? They're both reprehensible. Either way, someone was seriously injured. I hope they make a full recovery and the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Hit & runs are becoming far to common in this city. The star reporter in the town centre, the Broomhill one at the weekend & now another one outside the station all in a couple of weeks .

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/student-seriously-hurt-in-sheffield-city-centre-hit-and-run-crash-1-6124291