A57 Blocked centre of Broomhill

Police everywhere, road closed off in the centre of Broomhill by the York. Best take another route if you are heading out on the a57.

---------- Post added 06-10-2013 at 00:55 ----------

afraid to say it sounds like yet another hit & run.

I sincerely hope that it's the hit-and-run story that is correct, as opposed to a shooting :-/

The hit & run story is more precise with timings, i passed at 1:15am and the road was closed.

It was a hit & run. I've no idea where the Tab got the idea it was a shooting from, presumably thin air.

They've edited it now to take the made up stuff out. Not much left, if I'm honest.

I sincerely hope that it's the hit-and-run story that is correct, as opposed to a shooting :-/

The hit & run story is more precise with timings, i passed at 1:15am and the road was closed.

Why is a hit and run preferable to a shooting?

Why is a hit and run preferable to a shooting?

Because a mistake that someone has abandoned is preferable to gun crime?

Because a mistake that someone has abandoned is preferable to gun crime?

Gun crime usually has a targeted victim resulting from some dispute between the parties.Whilst this is not good and in no way can be condoned,I would feel more sympathy for an innocent victim of of a hit an run incident.

Gun crime usually has a targeted victim resulting from some dispute between the parties.Whilst this is not good and in no way can be condoned,I would feel more sympathy for an innocent victim of of a hit an run incident.

Were the victims of Derrick Bird to do with a dispute with him? Or Raoul Moat? Was it okay for Dale Cregan to have guns to shoot two police officers as well as others?

Were the victims of Derrick Bird to do with a dispute with him? Or Raoul Moat? Was it okay for Dale Cregan to have guns to shoot two police officers as well as others?

No.And I did say usualy.Especialy in recent gun crime localy.But I would say that hit and run victims are always inocent victims.

Excellent qualification-I think you're spot on here.In my view a hit and run driver is even worse than someone using a gun.

I'd say with a hit and run, said person who has done the running will probably drive more careful in the future.

Whereas if someone had shot someone else, there is a very good likeliness that they will re-offend.... May be not to the same extent.

But I do agree with the notion that people who are shot, generally have put themselves in that position.

Either way, neither are good scenarios.