Peaky Blinders anyone watching

On 23/09/2019 at 21:43, Ontarian1981 said:

Well if Netflix pick it up I would certainly have a peek and watch season5.

It went downhill after Sam Neil got bumped off at the end of 2, but Tom Hardy's character was quite funny, but he has also gone, so I will probably give it a go when it arrives here,but with reservations.Maybe they have put in another outstanding character to liven it up a bit.

Sam Neil was brilliant "I know where you live"

And Alfie was just mega.

There is a spoiler below from series 5.....it's up to you whether you open it or not....it might make you want to watch Series 5 a bit more

Spoiler

Alfie isn't dead

21 hours ago, taxman said:

Sam Neil was brilliant "I know where you live"

And Alfie was just mega.

There is a spoiler below from series 5.....it's up to you whether you open it or not....it might make you want to watch Series 5 a bit more

Reveal spoiler

Alfie isn't dead

Thanks, now I am looking forward to it. Just hope Netflix pick it up soon.

Just to add to the above, last night I read that season5 starts on Canada's Netflix October 4th, one week away.👍

Edited by Ontarian1981

I've just finished series 4 and I've enjoyed it very much. I know it's had it critics but the last, what 30 mins, of the final episode of series 4 has been some of the best I've seen this year, and I watch alot of telly. 

I hope series 5 is j6st as good and isn't hasn't been deleted by iPlayer 😬

Not read any posts, as I've just started watching it this season. (ep1 so far - too many annoyances to watch more now)

(I waited until full series)

Most programmes these days have about 5 minutes at the beginning as a catch up or spoilers that I fast-forward; this, had a about 3 or 4 short scenes, and I really couldn't remember where we were at - so the one time I needed a bit of a reminder, almost nothing!

I watched it, and didn't remember most of the characters other than Tommy, his brother the drunk one, and the matriarch that can't act to the standard of the other mains.

I find it annoying that the music in it is WAY too loud, added with the confusion of not knowing most of the characters until near the end of it, then I can't be bothered to watch more now. Little annoyances, can ruin programmes for me, and constantly having to adjust the volume is right up there for things that annoy me.

Saying that, the story is good, so I'll watch more.

58 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Not read any posts, as I've just started watching it this season. (ep1 so far - too many annoyances to watch more now)

(I waited until full series)

Most programmes these days have about 5 minutes at the beginning as a catch up or spoilers that I fast-forward; this, had a about 3 or 4 short scenes, and I really couldn't remember where we were at - so the one time I needed a bit of a reminder, almost nothing!

I watched it, and didn't remember most of the characters other than Tommy, his brother the drunk one, and the matriarch that can't act to the standard of the other mains.

I find it annoying that the music in it is WAY too loud, added with the confusion of not knowing most of the characters until near the end of it, then I can't be bothered to watch more now. Little annoyances, can ruin programmes for me, and constantly having to adjust the volume is right up there for things that annoy me.

Saying that, the story is good, so I'll watch more.

If it's too loud, you're too old. That's what my kids always tell me anyway.😉

Actually, I like the music in this show because it fits the mood ,and I am mid 70s.Keep watching, it's a great show.

Just watched all of season 5 over two nights :thumbsup: and I am now positive there will be a season 6 .Can't wait.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Just like to mention for anyone too young to remember TV shows from the 70's, that Tommy from Peaky is almost like a reincarnation of the central character of a series called 'When The Boat Comes In'  i.e. Jack Ford played by James Bolam. There are no shoot outs, no raunchy sex scenes ,no gangs,no soundtrack, but the character is basically the same.  There are lots of episodes on You Tube, check some out and see if you can tell. It is a brilliant series, based in the north east of England, with authentic dialogue. Seasons 1-3 are all there but no one has put up season 4, the final one, as yet.

Edited by Ontarian1981