Netflix on my tv?

Except with the Xbox you have to also pay for the Xbox Live Gold account in order to watch Netflix

You can pick up an old Nintendo Wii cheap now, it's much smaller than the Xbox and has Netflix & LoveFilm apps, as well as BBC iplayer

EDIT: I just saw that you have an Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 also, you could get the HDMI adapter and watch Netflix through the TV that way

Please can you explain more about how the tab 2 works with the tv? I plugged it in using the usb but it didnt pick up the device on the tv.

Please can you explain more about how the tab 2 works with the tv? I plugged it in using the usb but it didnt pick up the device on the tv.

Was it just a USB lead or the HDMI adapter you can buy?

EDIT: After a quick google, it seems some people struggle with the Tab 2 HDMI function, this might help...

OK, this is a very common misconception about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2's HDMI adapter. It is a very simple step that many people miss when using the adapter.

All you need to do it assure:

- HDMI cable is plugged into TV/Monitor

- HDMI cable is plugged into HDMI adapter

- The adapter is plugged properly into your Tabet

- The one step that most miss is that they must have power going into the tablet whilst in HDMI mode.

Simply, plug your charger into the rear side of the adapter.

- Once all connections are made, the tablet will make a bing noise to notify to you that it is in HDMI out mode.

- With all the connections secure, you will have a HD replica of what is on your tablet on your TV screen.

I sure hope that this helped you guys.

TECH WHIZ

Edited by RootsBooster

Was it just a USB lead or the HDMI adapter you can buy?

EDIT: After a quick google, it seems some people struggle with the Tab 2 HDMI function, this might help...

We used the charger wire (the usb cable). Im not sure what an hdmi adapter is (hdmi to?) but will google it now :) is it safe to run the tab2 through the tv for a few hours? It wont burn theb tab 2 out? Thanks

We used the charger wire (the usb cable). Im not sure what an hdmi adapter is (hdmi to?) but will google it now :) is it safe to run the tab2 through the tv for a few hours? It wont burn theb tab 2 out? Thanks

You need to read through the link that I (and Denomis) gave

Doh, sorry guy didn't see you had posted that already.

Doh, sorry guy didn't see you had posted that already.

Neither did the OP, apparently!

To Dominoes, I don't have a Tab 2 myself, I mentioned it because I know that many Androids can be connected to the TV via HDMI. My Cyclone Voyager 10.1" works directly through an HDMI cable and I know the original Galaxy Tab can be used with an HDMI adapter, not sure about the Tab 2 though, which is why I posted a link to a more knowledgeable site

Neither did the OP, apparently!

To Dominoes, I don't have a Tab 2 myself, I mentioned it because I know that many Androids can be connected to the TV via HDMI. My Cyclone Voyager 10.1" works directly through an HDMI cable and I know the original Galaxy Tab can be used with an HDMI adapter, not sure about the Tab 2 though, which is why I posted a link to a more knowledgeable site

'Apparently' Im sorry i didnt notice as the word was in blue and i was silly and didnt realise it was a link. Sorry.

Thanks

---------- Post added 08-10-2013 at 13:51 ----------

The only thing im confused with is the last but about the power, there is only 1 port for the charger ao if the hdmi adapter is in that how can i put power into it as well (the charger)?

'Apparently' Im sorry i didnt notice as the word was in blue and i was silly and didnt realise it was a link. Sorry.

Thanks

---------- Post added 08-10-2013 at 13:51 ----------

The only thing im confused with is the last but about the power, there is only 1 port for the charger ao if the hdmi adapter is in that how can i put power into it as well (the charger)?

The HDMI adapters I've seen appear to have another input on them for the power

In that case a external box of some sort like the one Patrick38 mentioned or perhaps a XBox360 or PlayStation are your only way

Also the WII will do it (and LoveFilm)

The HDMI adapters I've seen appear to have another input on them for the power

That makes sense now. Thanks!

Mixed reviews isnt there as to if it works or not. One way to find out......i will let you know.

Also the WII will do it (and LoveFilm)

Just remember that if you're a picture quality snob the wii only outputs 720.