Bus vandalism in Ecclesfield Thurs 3rd Oct

From First South Yorkshire's website:

On the evening of Thurday 3 October, in the space of an hour and a half, four buses in Ecclesfield suffered from vandalism in respect of broken windows.

The events took place between 1850 and 2020, and as a result of this vandalism a number of journeys were unfortunately cancelled.

Buses on services 17, 97 and 98 were then diverted via Wordsworth Avenue, avoiding Yew Lane, Morrall Road and Monteney Road.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused if you were waiting for a journey which didn't run.

Images from our on-bus CCTV have been reviewed and all relevant information regarding these incidents has been passed to the police.

That is not even that late. It would not surprise me police will already know and recognise the people on these images.

Four buses in half an hour around 7 PM I don't see that many buses go by even when there are no problems.

My girlfriend was driving the 79 route back to Ecclesfield depot on Wednesday the 3rd of this month and she closed the cab window on her bus at the bus stop at asda at wordsworth avenue, as she approached Ecclesfield village near the co -op someone threw a large rock or half a brick at her cab window.

Luckily for her she closed the window as I said above and also the window did not smash but obviously went with a loud bang and shook her up. I am so glad she didn't get hurt she was very lucky.

How would these people like it if someone went and smashed their car windows or their house windows with bricks or their parents house or car and thought it was a good few minutes of vandalism spent for a bit of bragging to their mates.

They should go and get a proper hobby or interest like most of us did when we had nothing better to do!

just a bunch of ********s with nothing better to do than cause crap for people thats trying to help other people get about. losers thats all they are

My girlfriend was driving the 79 route back to Ecclesfield depot on Wednesday the 3rd of this month and she closed the cab window on her bus at the bus stop at asda at wordsworth avenue, as she approached Ecclesfield village near the co -op someone threw a large rock or half a brick at her cab window.

Luckily for her she closed the window as I said above and also the window did not smash but obviously went with a loud bang and shook her up. I am so glad she didn't get hurt she was very lucky.

How would these people like it if someone went and smashed their car windows or their house windows with bricks or their parents house or car and thought it was a good few minutes of vandalism spent for a bit of bragging to their mates.

They should go and get a proper hobby or interest like most of us did when we had nothing better to do!

Disgusting people. Glad she's alright. I was driving past B&Q on Greenland Road yesterday & every single pane of glass on a large bus stop had been smashed. A massive heap of shattered glass was been cleared away by staff. Disgraceful selfish people who do things like that.

Four buses in half an hour around 7 PM I don't see that many buses go by even when there are no problems.

in the space of an hour and a half

between 1850 and 2020

Specsavers?

Specsavers?

Either I havent woken up properly yet, or....:hihi:

Specsavers?

Sorry, don't think its my eyesight, but if you want to have a laugh.......

It could be related to my medication.

The people who do these things like smashing windows on public transport or any other vehicle either do not realise how serious and traumatic it is for the person on the receiving end due to been so brain dead, or simply don't care either way that the item thrown might hit someone in the head when it goes through the window or the fact that bits of shard broken glass might get into people's eyes and cause blindness.

Utter scum.

This happened to a few passengers a few years ago on a tm travel bus parked at a bus stop in darnall. The bus pulled in at the bus stop and got a lot of windows put through and a elderly lady got covered from head to toe in shards of broken glass.

I don't know what happened to the elderly lady because no one seemed to know back at the depot but I only hope she was ok and didn't have any serious injury's and managed to try and forget about it and carry on as best as she could when or if she was sent home from the hospital. Bless

In 2007 i was on the back of a 17 bus going down Halifax Road and a brick was launched threw the window hitting me on my cheekbone, fractured all my jaw and broke my nose in 2 places, you may have read it in the Star, Not a nice experience, pathetic people who have nothing better to do.