How many days am i allowed to stay at my partner house

No we don't but like to stay overnight but in been told we can't or we get done as its clast as fraud...

This happened to a couple I knew, however, one was working & the other on housing & CT benefit. They were warned this was fraud as staying over night as partners constituted living together, no matter how many nights.

I wonder if it would have been different if the partner who worked had a night job and therefore only stayed during the day!

Edited by poppet2

I thought you was still allowed 3 nights a week

Is there a link to this ruling?

Is there a government official standing at your front door ?

If you are both on JSA it shouldn't make any difference. Only one of you can claim housing & council tax benefit if you live together because you are both unemployed and on JSA.

If one of you start work, you will have to notify them of your change of circumstances so they can re-calculate you and your partner's housing benefits, if any.

with the dole if you live there or stay almost every night its classed as living together and you need to decalare it.

My parents as just moved into a house & we just wondering how many nights we allowed to stay together with out breaking the law as we are both on job seekers allowances :loopy::huh:

Stay as many nights as you like just dont have your post sent there or any of the utilities in your name. If anyone asks tell them to ****off and mind their own business.

If your partner is claiming both housing and council tax credit you are not allowed to stay there after a certain time of night, this is because it could be seen as you sleeping there, a good number of years ago the ruling changed because couples thought it was ok to have 2 houses both on benefits and stay at each others houses several nights a week. If his neighbours don't care apart from you mentioning it here who is going to know???

Edited by my eyes only
missed something out

Little Roye : Is your main place of residence your partner's home, or somewhere else?

If it is somewhere else, then you should not stay so frequently at your partner's house that it becomes your main home. Logic suggests that 3 nights a week there and four at your own home, is OK. Reverse the numbers and it is not, as you would be at your partner's home more than half the time.

But it is only 3 nights he is staying there, not days as well.

My parents as just moved into a house & we just wondering how many nights we allowed to stay together with out breaking the law as we are both on job seekers allowances :loopy::huh:

You do not need permission to stay together for the night as many times as you want and cannot possibly break the law by doing so.

You do not need permission to stay together for the night as many times as you want and cannot possibly break the law by doing so.

This is misleading advice in Little Roye's case and I suggest he ignores it.