Cynical views about the News

We all know that politicians are economical with the truth - - - That applies at National and Local levels - Spin Doctors - PR men and women - Sensational Newspapers - TV sound bites - Give us your views about the news.

How I see it Journalism is supposed to be real and imaginary. Journalism as a whole is seldom protrayed how is should be. I think it should be an objective report gives the audience all the information needed to draw a valid conclusion. If the weight isn't equal then the audience is unable to make a decent evaluation. Politicians at all levels are always going to be economical with the truth, as I said before they generally do what's best to get themselves re-elected even if it goes against their countries own interests. I much admire a politican who has the balls to go venture against the think tanks speech and use his own views/opinions/judgements.

Politicians, same as the ordinary punter will say and do what is best for themselves and /or for their own party. Economical with the truth yes definately, you listen to a politician anwering question's and she/he will never give a straight yes or no.

They are adept at side stepping the issue in question because at a later date they may have it thrown back at them, as frequently happen's. Also,a lot of them will not be loyal to one party they are forever crossing the floor of the house of commons.

A prime example was Winston Churchill who changed loyalty's many times during his career in politics, as some one once said to me, everyone has to change their mind sometime even politicians.

I think people are too sinical. I think 90% of politicians always have their contituency's best interests at heart. The reason they can't always give you a straight answer is because they can't please everyone, but try and look as if they can.

Kofi anan has skillfully arranged to meet Tony Blair in Athens along with France and Germany to talk UN involvements? - Known as Ganging up on him.

America will seek UN resolutions on re construction of Iraq.

Veto anything with France and Germany involved exept free aid.

Bush doesn't really give a damn.

Russia - France - Germany.

Had seemingly no wish to take part in the Fall of Saddams regime.

How much did Saddams government owe them - and what for?

Looting - simple.

Now that the Kurdish Militia - who have played a large part in the liberation of Northern Iraq, would appear to have little left to do - except appease the Turks.

Why not employ them to keep the peace in Bahgdad - and other cities being looted by the lawless elements.

They appear to be far more diciplined and liable to keep good order than the proven corrupt Iraqi police force.

I agree with Rumsfelt - Countries that were unwilling to take part in the coalition - should play no part in the reconstruction.

To let the UN enter into their usual role of interminal debates, subject to votes by countries with similar human rights records to Iraq. Would result in fiasco's like Zimbabway - Kosovo - Bosnia - to name a few. :evil::evil::evil:

Originally posted by "sheffco"

Russia - France - Germany.

Had seemingly no wish to take part in the Fall of Saddams regime.

How much did Saddams government owe them - and what for?

Looting - simple.

Now that the Kurdish Militia - who have played a large part in the liberation of Northern Iraq, would appear to have little left to do - except appease the Turks.

Why not employ them to keep the peace in Bahgdad - and other cities being looted by the lawless elements.

They appear to be far more diciplined and liable to keep good order than the proven corrupt Iraqi police force.

I agree with Rumsfelt - Countries that were unwilling to take part in the coalition - should play no part in the reconstruction.

To let the UN enter into their usual role of interminal debates, subject to votes by countries with similar human rights records to Iraq. Would result in fiasco's like Zimbabway - Kosovo - Bosnia - to name a few. :evil::evil::evil:

You make some interesting points. Read my post "unwillingness to get involved" for some possible answers as to why France, Germany and Russia didn't want to get involved.

Yes, well done for bumping a 19+ year old thread to spam it. Reported.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, well done for bumping a 19+ year old thread to spam it. Reported.

19 years?

I think that must be some kind of record?

Just now, The_DADDY said:

19 years?

I think that must be some kind of record?

LovePotion probably set the record before he or she flounced off.

• Haha 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

LovePotion probably set the record before he or she flounced off.

"flounced" 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by The_DADDY