Is Attercliffe Road safe?

I wouldn't go to Castle Market because it's about to close down.

But I would go to Attercliffe Road. I used to work near there and never felt especially unsafe, even after dark. If you're there during the daytime you'll be fine.

I hope your landlord isn't taking advantage of your good nature though - it's not really usual for tenants to be expected to run around for their landlord!

Oh, no. He's not taking advantage of anything. Of course it wasn't expected of me. I just offered my help because he was quite understanding regarding some issues with the council tax exemption that I couldn't fix until after I got my work permit.

You could probably get yourself a Swedish massage while you're there, make yourself feel right at home! ;)

I'm not Swedish so I can't feel right at home after a Swedish massage (that sounded better I head). And I think Swedes would feel more at home if they walk into a bar or club on Friday night and they're being charged 10+ pounds for entrance and 6 pounds minimum for a glass of Carlsberg.

Edited by adiman83

I find most of Attercliffe Area seedy. There seems something dodgy about the various curry houses and other establishments almost as if they were a cover for something else.

Really? Have you reported your suspicions to the police or are you just trying to stir things on internet? :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say thank you to all the responses to the Attercliffe (safe

unsafe ) prob. I haven't had such a laugh for a long time. Probably because

I drive non stop through the place. If Gothenburg was such a heavenly place to live, why have you left it ?

Just wanted to say thank you to all the responses to the Attercliffe (safe

unsafe ) prob. I haven't had such a laugh for a long time. Probably because

I drive non stop through the place. If Gothenburg was such a heavenly place to live, why have you left it ?

I left it because my job was done. I only had a contract for 2 years.

It's an old industrial area, there are also some offices, shops, takeaway food, restaurants & brothels. I think there are only a few houses near there, a small new build (about 10 years old) estate.

There isn't much violent crime or anything to worry about, it's not the prettiest area, but it has a charm. It's near the canal & river, half way between the city centre & Meadowhall. Good transport links, not far from the tram, plenty of buses, not far from the motorway.

And trust me. Gothenburg is REALLY SAFE. Not completely crime free but I did go out for drinks on week-ends and came back home alone very very late (3 - 4 AM) and nothing ever happened to me. And the swedes drink a lot on week-ends and you would expect them to be violent after to much alcohol but it's very safe.

So using your logic and my experiences, Sheffield is equally as safe as Gothenburg.

like what:confused:

Some establishments were/ are involved in an ongoing investigation similar to the ones in many northern towns.

Really? Have you reported your suspicions to the police or are you just trying to stir things on internet? :rolleyes:

See my reply above.

I might have to go there in the more or less near future and I was wondering how that area is.

Is it safe to go there during the day? As long as I stay in UK I would like to avoid getting mugged or worse.

oooh...... we all want to go to where you came from!.....please tell us?

Attercliffe road is safe so long as you look both ways before crossing it :hihi::hihi:

If you feel unsafe you can always run into the police station that is located on Attercliffe Road :hihi:

Boys and girls, thank you for your answers but it seems I won't have to go there any longer.

My landlord took care of his business without me.

Boys and girls, thank you for your answers but it seems I won't have to go there any longer.

My landlord took care of his business without me.

Did he survive? :hihi:

Regards

Doom