Mobile Phone Thieves - Warning

FAO Inspector Starkey. Have you any CCTV shots for publication of suspected mobile phone criminals ?

If I noticed one of these thieves taking my phone, would I be within my rights to punch them in the face to make sure they don't get away with it?

They could be mentally insane and do it unintentional. Anything is possible, it could be a hungry single mother in total desperation.

Or a greedy ******* driving a BMW but you don't know that when they take your phone.

If I noticed one of these thieves taking my phone, would I be within my rights to punch them in the face to make sure they don't get away with it?

I would do more than punch them,and i don't care what their situation is,what about my situation,it's my phone:rant:

Alot of people are not realising that when they are Eating or Drinking in Pubs an Cafes around tables that people are watching what they leaving on the Tables an just put there phones at the side of them,I was in Henrys an a Group were talking together an Two Women just left there phones on the Tables an never looked to see if there were still there,so i went up a Warned them,so the finally moved the phones off the Tables

So the police didn't take weeks to collect it? Didn't think so.

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 11:52 ----------

That's what I was saying. You can ask for it to be saved but they can't just hand it to any Tom Dick and Harry.

So you deal with sort of thing day in day out ?

So I was looking at my Google Locations history and found out that my GPS was on at the time along with my mobile network/internet and located the thief to have gone near the Park Hill area but in my panic, I had my phone's sim blocked thus turning off my mobile internet (wish I didn't request blocking it, I may have found him by now!) so he couldn't use it so the last location was near the park hill area!

The OP can ask Starbucks to save it for the police but the OP will not be entitled to a copy because of data protection laws. There will be other people on the CCTV, even possibly the offender.

That's wrong. Starbucks are obliged to provide a copy of footage featuring the OP upon their request. They can charge a fee of up to £10.

If they feel that the inclusion of images of other people will unfairly intrude on their privacy then they can obscure those persons images. However they cannot refuse to provide the footage to the OP. To say they would only provide footage to the police would be unlawful.

See the Information Commissioner's CCTV Code of Practice, particularly section 9.2 about subject access requests.

I would do more than punch them,and i don't care what their situation is,what about my situation,it's my phone:rant:

It is only a phone, get another one and next time be more care full when you take it with you.

The thief has used your unawareness and sleepiness of not being attentive to take it.

That is why you are angry, you feel insulted when proofed you are living a sleepwalking life.

I am continuously conscious where my mobile is while out where thieves are and see any loss as a short coming of that awareness.

It is only a phone, get another one and next time be more care full when you take it with you.

The thief has used your unawareness and sleepiness of not being attentive to take it.

That is why you are angry, you feel insulted when proofed you are living a sleepwalking life.

I am continuously conscious where my mobile is while out where thieves are and see any loss as a short coming of that awareness.

I regularly leave my phone on public tables, and the reason I would be in a position to catch the thief in the action is because I would be aware of where my phone is. Granted I do appreciate it would be better just to keep it out of view in the first place.

I regularly leave my phone on public tables, and the reason I would be in a position to catch the thief in the action is because I would be aware of where my phone is. Granted I do appreciate it would be better just to keep it out of view in the first place.

You can also leave it in view on the table and see it as a test on how sleepy and unaware you can be or how alert an aware you are.

Its your phone, if you put it down and look away and start daydreaming and chatting it is your own fault its gone.

Edit lets all leave our keys in the car, bloody thieves its not my fault car is gone?

You can also leave it in view on the table and see it as a test on how sleepy and unaware you can be or how alert an aware you are.

Its your phone, if you put it down and look away and start daydreaming and chatting it is your own fault its gone.

It would be careless but not my fault. The fault lays with the thief and the thief only.

It would be careless but not my fault. The fault lays with the thief and the thief only.

Reason you get angry and want violence, revenge action is because you are reminded you were very unaware and careless with your phone.

The phone can be replaced, easy. The revenge is for you insulted ego. They got you and made a fool of you.