Advertising help for decorating business

Has anybody got any ideas for advertizing decorating and gardening . I have sent out some flyers and posted some in shops and post offices, not having much look . many thanx .:(

Maybe if you spelt advertising properly that'd be a good start :hihi:

In all seriousness tho, do you have a good online presence?

A website

Facebook, yell.com, trust a tradesman etc

You can reply to people looking for work on this forum

You can add your contact details as a signature on here

With online stuff you can add pictures and stuff of your work, explain about what you do and put up some general prices.

When I went looking for someone I looked online, most people throw flyers away unless it's something they're looking for, and most just walk past the shop window without giving it a second look.

Is your van plastered in your company name, logo and contact details???

Mod Note:

Thread moved to the correct section.

Further to note, the use of shorthand or text speak is against the forum rules. Please use "thanks" instead of "thankx"

Thank you.

Maybe if you spelt advertising properly that'd be a good start :hihi:

In all seriousness tho, do you have a good online presence?

A website

Facebook, yell.com, trust a tradesman etc

You can reply to people looking for work on this forum

You can add your contact details as a signature on here

With online stuff you can add pictures and stuff of your work, explain about what you do and put up some general prices.

When I went looking for someone I looked online, most people throw flyers away unless it's something they're looking for, and most just walk past the shop window without giving it a second look.

Is your van plastered in your company name, logo and contact details???

Thanks for your suggestions . I will take your advice , its always better coming from someone else . thankyou .

Did you do these leaflets yourself or have they been done professionally?

I would forget the leaflet idea because

a) it's a cost and

b) You probably aren't a pro designer and people are very picky these days

Get a facebook page and start adding some before and after shots from your work.

Concentrate getting some eyeballs on the photos (you can see the stats if your page has more than 30 likes)

Have you done any work in these areas? If your prices are right and your work is good you should soon be busy. Our gardener set up hs business earlier this year and has had to turn work down. I have to book our decorator several months in advance.

Taxi Tip Up Seats

10 Taxis @ £10.00 a month per Taxi

call mel @ we Are Chic

0114 2610708

The best advertising will be word of mouth, if you turn up when you say you will, do a good job and keep clients up to date with progress on their jobs then you will soon be in demand. Make sure you carry lots of well designed business cards with you, make sure you don't get the cheap generic ones.

A facebook page would be a good idea so people can see what you look like and post photos from the jobs that you are completing, people are generally much happier to employ people that they are familiar with and can easily track down if there are any issues.

Has anybody got any ideas for advertizing decorating and gardening . I have sent out some flyers and posted some in shops and post offices, not having much look . many thanx .:(

It takes time for flyers to work, just be patient I'm sure the work will come eventually.

I think you are hitting the market at the wrong time of year, garden clearing & draft proofing might work better. Start the gardening up again from February next year.