Marriage for life?

All I can say to you all is kudos, to be married so long great achievement, I'm coming up to my 16th anniversary and 22 years together this time round. My 1st attempt is best forgotten, I love my wife more and more each day that goes by, and tell her daily I love her she is the best thing I've ever come across.

46 Years of ups and downs that I wouldn't have wanted to miss a single day of, Sue's a top wife, mum, nan, all round human being.

Only six years so far but we literally couldn't be happier. Perhaps we should have married in the 1960s but my wonderful wife Marion (who was widowed in 2004) only ever had two boyfriends, married them both (in reverse order) and so made two husbands happy (see here)..:)

Edited by hillsbro

Celebrating 42 years of marriage in Rome shortly. I've always believed in keeping promises, if at all possible and that's one I certainly don't intend reneging on. They say 'the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence' and previous to meeting my wife I almost ended up in the other pasture, so to speak. Fate fortunately took a hand and, in retrospect, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Yes, no doubt I could have more money,a bigger house and a faster car etc but I wouldn't change a thing. I'm lucky enough to possess the important things to me in life. A lovely wife, three great children, a gorgeous recent grand daughter, a supportive extended family and reasonably good health.

Yes, if I'm called tomorrow, I'd leave a happy man.

echo.

I'm really amazed, there are so many very happy 40+ years happy marriages out there. I must be one of the few. My wife of 45 years is absolutely great most of the time, bur an absolute nightmare some of the time. People used to tell me when I was young and single, ' Son, a successful marriage is a compromise between both parties', the trouble is, one half usually compromises a lot more than the other. Anyhow we are still together, it's a long way off perfect, which is a shame really, I've tried my best and at the end of the day you can't do much more,

Always look on the Brightside.

Edited by Derek Clayton
To delete the Margaret Marsden foot note.

36 years together,shotgun wedding and still together,we are completely opposite she is an very intelligent career women I'm a grease monkey,we very rarely agree on anything,we have different tastes in just about everything,she comes from a big family with loads of brothers and sisters I was an only one,I love her to bits every days a challenge though...

They have spent billions trying to find life on Mars why didnt they come to me first my wife comes from there.

We've been married 39 years this year and wouldn't change a thing, we love each other as much as when we first met. :love:

I first met my hubby in 1969 when we were 17,lost touch for a while, met again in 1971, started courting in 1972 got engaged, then married in nov 1973, we would have celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this yr, but sadly I lost my hubby 5yrs ago, so yes I would defo marry him again.