Newly painted bumper looks like a different colour to the car WHY??

If it looks a different colour then it probably is. You should not be able to tell the difference if done correctly.

It may have been the correct paint code but colour fades over time, so the paint should always be mixed to the panels on the car.

If you are unhappy take it back and ask them to do it again. I would not pay for a sub-standard job.

It may actually be the correct colour if you are sure you gave them the right code. There are two major variables that you can never mimic when you are re-spraying a car some years old, particularly if it's past 4/5 years old. The first is the original paint will have weathered no matter how well the vehicle was looked after and waxed etc. Now normally you would not notice this because the whole vehicle paint work ages an weathers at the same degree so you don't notice the slight ageing of the paint, but when you have to repaint one part of it then the newer paint will look slightly brighter, it just will if the car is nearly ten years old. The other variable that you can never ever account for is the guy doing the re-spray, now no matter how good he is he will be spraying it using a spray gun in his hand, when the car was originally painted it was done by a robot which used very precise, very accurate, smooth strokes when it painted it, every vehicle came out identical because the robot sprayed it using a selected programme and no matter how good your spray man is he can't mimic the smoothness and the fluidity of the robot's actions. So unless he paints the whole vehicle it will always look slightly different at certain angles, mix in the ageing of the vehicle and the difference become noticeable. As the new paint starts to age a bit the difference will become less noticeable but it will always be a factor when painting used cars. Sorry, think you may just have to get used to it. What you could try is to polish some of the adjoining panels with a cutting polish so that they return a bit more like the colour they were when they were new, that may help to blend the colours a bit more so the difference is less striking and obvious.

Edited by Richie-rich

I have corrected too much work from bad body shops, mainly re- finishing but I've also had personal bad dealings with body shops. I use Dave at deepcar autobodies. A bit of a drive out from me but always gets the paint bang on. I send all of my customers there who require painting as its not something I want to offer as it can be a bit of a minefield.

If anybody every tells you you need to get a whole side done or panels joining it then walk away. If the painter is actually good at what they do they should be able to blend it in without you ever noticing it.

I've been known to send car body work 5 times in the past if it hasn't been upto my standard.

There's a place at Chapeltown near swimming baths on Burncross Road that will make up any colour you want

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 07:22 ----------

if it looks a differnet color it very probably is. i work trying to get scratches out of paintwork and getting tired and worn paint back to former glory.

our painter at work is shocking and cant remember the last time he got the right coclor match but the art of mixing the paint has very very fine tollerances. one drop of paint past the right measurement can look a mile off when laid.

try not to use the mobile places as most are only for minor dings and scrapes and you wont get the right over all look.

there is a paintshop on roman ridge at wincobank that is very very good. he had the contract for the local dealer with tvr's a few years ago but i've not seen him for years now but he is quality.

Not painting yourself in a very good light are you? :D

11 years of sun/rain/snow will have taken it's toll on your paintwork- the new bumper is probably what your car originally was :thumbsup:

Get a bodyman to polish your existing paintwork with cutting compound and i'll bet it becomes a closer match ;)

Biggsy :)