Newly painted bumper looks like a different colour to the car WHY??

Ive just had a new bumper painter and fitted to my car by my local garage, but it looks like its a diffeent colour to rest of the car why is this,

Is the colour wrong or can it be something else like the age of the car ?

colour code was provided by dealer

There can be different shades of the same colour not easy sometimes to get the colour spot on, also you WILL get a slight variation between the colour on metal panels to what you get on plastic bumpers. .if you look at most modern cars you can see a slight difference.

It depends on how much difference you have got and how critical you are.

Edited by Exec
added text

Find out from the manufacturer (not the dealer) who actually made the paint. If the car is relatively new, I bet it was a different paint manufacturer for the bumper than was used originally on the car.

I has this with my Elise when I had the stone chips removed from the front valance. I was the same paint code but a different manufacturer for the respray and it could have two completely different colours.

What car, how old and what colour ?

paint will look different from plastic to metal even if you prime both panels with the same amount of layers of the same primer then with the same amount of paint with the same paint , its an issue what has always arisen in the trade with customers and as someone else said even if you look at a BRAND NEW car at a dealers the bumpers will look slightly off , its just a strange one , solutions are getting better

Hi thanks all,

the car is a mini cooper 53 reg in pure silver

How certain are you that the right colour was used?

Vary rarely even when using the correct colour will it match perfectly,painters will normally blend into nearby panels to take your eye off the difference.

If its fairly close its likely to be as good as you will get but if miles away then wrong paint or procedure was used.

im not i got the colour code from the bmw dealers and gave it to the garage

It will also carm down in a few weeks

So then you can tee cut it to blend in a bit better

But it should weather in over a month

how far off is it?

im not i got the colour code from the bmw dealers and gave it to the garage
Code should have been on a plate on car T Cutting it wont do any good if its correct color.Its the surrounding area to blend it in that wants T Cutting not the bumper then a polish up.All depends though how they prepaired and finished it as well.

if it looks a differnet color it very probably is. i work trying to get scratches out of paintwork and getting tired and worn paint back to former glory.

our painter at work is shocking and cant remember the last time he got the right coclor match but the art of mixing the paint has very very fine tollerances. one drop of paint past the right measurement can look a mile off when laid.

try not to use the mobile places as most are only for minor dings and scrapes and you wont get the right over all look.

there is a paintshop on roman ridge at wincobank that is very very good. he had the contract for the local dealer with tvr's a few years ago but i've not seen him for years now but he is quality.