Business networking

I've recently started a new business and need to network.

Any suggestions for good networking clubs or opportunities would be appreciated. Low cost would be an advantage at this stage too

Many thanks

Trades Hub or BNi work really well

Go to http://www.eventbrite.co.uk select business and Sheffield. Even though many of these events aren't specifically networking, they give you an opportunity to meet others during breaks / lunch / afterward and you get to learn a thing or two.

Any suggestions for good networking clubs or opportunities would be appreciated. Low cost would be an advantage at this stage too

Many thanks

Could always start your own & invite everyone you want to network with.

Use one of the many free rooms available in Sheffield & offer them a little food & drink.

Business Link have networking events - but I guess in order for it to work for you, you need to know the attendee list (will the people who attend buy your product / use your services?)

Many thanks

Suggest you define who you want to speak to. I

This will help you focus out some of the millions of groups who will be eager to take money from you as a "networker"

Business Link have networking events - but I guess in order for it to work for you, you need to know the attendee list (will the people who attend buy your product / use your services?)

Where have you been for the past three years. There is no Business Link (in the physical sense) anymore :)

Most networking events, these days, are run by industry associations or local Chambers

"Where have you been for the past three years. There is no Business Link (in the physical sense) anymore"

You know what I mean, Steve.... :)

I have contacted the Sheffield one recently, but struggled to get an attendee list.

Try B for B. They have a Wednesday evening group which meets every fortnight at 6 pm at the Royal Victoria hotel. They also have a Thursday morning breakfast group which meets at the same place at 7.00 am. It is a monthly membership group but once a member you lock out the competition which means if you joined as a plumber for instance no other plumber could come along.

Another good networking group is the firm which is another fortnightly group. There is no monthly membership with this one. Just pay as you go.

Hope this helps.

Try The Network Sheffield, they run meetings every month.

Brunch Club is 2nd Thursday of every month, small charge and brunch is included in price.

The Network Sheffield @ Jurys Inn, every 3rd Thursday is free to attend

LinkedIn works fine, if you know how to use it