Best Fibre Optic Broadband Provider..

Had Virgin (previously Telewest) for nearly 10 years, never had an issue!

Cancelled this week due to moving house and going with EE as there is no fibre near the new property.

Origin broadband for me. had it 18 months. great service and great support.

Origin broadband for me. had it 18 months. great service and great support.

Good luck getting a connection.

Good luck getting a connection.

Why may I ask I have had them over a year without any connection problems

Why may I ask I have had them over a year without any connection problems

The Digital Region network is closing, and not accepting new connections. Not that the Origin website will tell you any of that.

The Digital Region network is closing, and not accepting new connections. Not that the Origin website will tell you any of that.

I enquired only a few weeks ago and AFAIK Origin are still operating and accepting new clients. Just because DR are being wound up it does not mean that the individual suppliers have to close and the network is shut down. That would cause too much chaos as a lot of local businesses and local Councils use it.

I've just gone with Sky Fibre, installed in a couple of weeks and am hoping it is an improvement on the Sky Unlimited package I am currently on at £7.50 and am getting around 0.3mb download speeds! I also can't get Virgin here but can get Sky Fibre, they have done it me with no set up and installation fees due to me complaining for so long about my current internet! Its 'apparently' up to 40mb - £10 a month for the first 6 months and then up to £20 after that. To be honest if its quicker than what I have (I can't even use Youtube at the minute) its worth the extra £12.50.

i just gone with talk talk as sky fobbed me off x3 times

never rang back as promised internet up and down

reported it on 18/9/13 and still not sorted

swop to fibre on 15/10/13 hooray but as you feel penalized for having a poor service .

£12.50 per month up to 38mb fibre optic

Totally unlimited downloads

FREE advanced technology wireless router

Award-winning Homesafeâ„¢ online security

DR may be closing down. but how do you know that Origin has not already souirced an alternative and new customers to them are not going to that alternative.

DR may be closing down. but how do you know that Origin has not already souirced an alternative and new customers to them are not going to that alternative.

Can you just imagine some of the posters on here jumping for joy and drooling all over their keyboards because DR has failed and searching all over the websites looking for anything they can use to stick the knife in

All I can say is if Origin went out of business tomorrow they would not get any stick from me totally the oposite if it wasn't for them most likely I would still be on 1mbs d/l speed

Nail on head.

Its DR that are ceasing not Origin. The network and infrastructure is still in operation and Origin have sent me the Direct Debit forms and contract for signing up just recently.

Forgot to add - fact! ;)

Paul Blade is spot on. there are a good few on here would seem to prefer to put their mouths behind a faceless multinational than a local company.

BT still cant supply the speeds that Origin have for the past 18 months. i can see two cabinets from my house. one DR one BT. the BT one isnt live yet. the DR has been since Jan 2012.

Winner to DR.

Paul Blade is spot on. there are a good few on here would seem to prefer to put their mouths behind a faceless multinational than a local company.

BT still cant supply the speeds that Origin have for the past 18 months. i can see two cabinets from my house. one DR one BT. the BT one isnt live yet. the DR has been since Jan 2012.

Winner to DR.

It all goes down to the service you get, and people tend hear more of a company when they provide bad service, compared to when they provide good service.