Best Fibre Optic Broadband Provider..

I'm thinking of switching to a fibre optic provider I am currently with TalkTalk (not great, not bad) for ordinary broadband and was thinking of BT Infinity, I then recieved some info from Orange/EE and theirs looks cheaper, can anybody recommend these or other providers?

I have BT infinity its alright and seems to be (touch wood) much better than the standard BT Broadband I used to have.

BT Infinity has been rock solid for me, hasn't dropped out once.

if its the price then bt one of the dearest

talk talk one of the cheapest for fibre

i have not liked talk talk from AOL days but my son with them £3.50 broadband and getting 14mb

im with sky paying £7.50 and get just under 2mb but again its down to telephone exchange ,line quality etc

but if fibre optic should have no issues

virgin fibre been rated high but i cant get it ;o(

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/compare/fibre_optic/

BT Infinity has been rock solid for me, hasn't dropped out once.

Me too Had it since Jan.40 down 10 up all the time.It's the dogs knees I think.:D

Me too Had it since Jan.40 down 10 up all the time.It's the dogs knees I think.:D

I was planning on going for BT until the EE info dropped on the mat, has anybody used them?

I'm using PlusNet and it's been fine. Cheaper than BT, Sheffield call centre & Owned by BT. There are some issues with traffic management but i can't say i've noticed i do about 40Gb a month.

Depending on what offer and contract length PlusNet and BT are doing the price can actually be identical.

It was for me when I signed up, down to the pound!

BT Infinity Unlimited has no traffic management and no download restrictions at all (when I triple checked their policy as I signed up)

I am a network engineer and Virgin broadband is by far the best for reliability and speed if you can get it in your area. I do not by any means work or am involved with virgin media.

Bt is pretty solid but I'm having constant issues with email server passwords needing to be reset on a daily basis. Plusnet are likely to get a call in the very near future.

if its the price then bt one of the dearest

talk talk one of the cheapest for fibre

i have not liked talk talk from AOL days but my son with them £3.50 broadband and getting 14mb

im with sky paying £7.50 and get just under 2mb but again its down to telephone exchange ,line quality etc

but if fibre optic should have no issues

virgin fibre been rated high but i cant get it ;o(

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/compare/fibre_optic/

I've just gone with Sky Fibre, installed in a couple of weeks and am hoping it is an improvement on the Sky Unlimited package I am currently on at £7.50 and am getting around 0.3mb download speeds! I also can't get Virgin here but can get Sky Fibre, they have done it me with no set up and installation fees due to me complaining for so long about my current internet! Its 'apparently' up to 40mb - £10 a month for the first 6 months and then up to £20 after that. To be honest if its quicker than what I have (I can't even use Youtube at the minute) its worth the extra £12.50.

It should be loads better, if it's not the problem might be in the copper cable running to your house.

BT installed a fresh bit of cable from the telegraph pole to my house when we had it installed tho.

Not sure if thats normal or because I'd ripped out all the dodgy phone extensions left by the previous fella.